Windows 10: Display freezes and pc restarts

Discus and support Display freezes and pc restarts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good evening ,I keep having an issue with my computer, where when I start the pc, usually my display stops working and I have no real way to tell if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheWarCrew, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Display freezes and pc restarts

Good evening ,I keep having an issue with my computer, where when I start the pc, usually my display stops working and I have no real way to tell if the computer is still on or not. The case has some RGB lighting and they also crash so I suppose the computer crashes as well. There are instances where if I am listening to music or watching a video the display can crash but the audio keeps playing. So I am at a loss at the moment, I don't know what to do, right now I am about to format my whole computer to see if it helps. I have also cleaned the computer and put new thermal paste too.

:)

TheWarCrew, Sep 23, 2022

2. Freeze on early display win 10

Hi Roger,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- What is the make and model of your PC?

- Do you receive any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen follow the steps given below:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
    • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
    • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
    • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
    • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
    • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)   
    • If you see 1item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Display freezes and pc restarts

PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC freeze when you try to take a screenshot using Win+Shift+S key.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the Graphics card device installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows key + X key, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Scroll and expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the listed driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    4. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click on Uninstall.
    6. Restart the PC and install the latest driver from manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Display freezes and pc restarts

1. Display freezes and pc restarts - Similar Threads - Display freezes restarts

2. PC Freezing and Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing and Restarting: My PC has over the past few weeks been freezing and restarting when I am playing games. The event viewer has the following error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff998a99484460, 0xfffff8054ac26730, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  3. PC freezes and restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and restarts: Hi, so I played VALORANT yesterday and I think this is the first time it happened. I've fresh install windows at 18 Nov 2022. I never had any problems before while playing valorant. But suddenly while playing, the pc freezes and restarts. No BSOD, it just restarts. The...
  4. PC freezes and restarts

PC freezes and restarts: Hi, so I played VALORANT yesterday and I think this is the first time it happened. I've fresh install windows at 18 Nov 2022. I never had any problems before while playing valorant. But suddenly while playing, the pc freezes and restarts. No BSOD, it just restarts. The...
  5. Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.

Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.: Hi, Im Harry and i have an issue with my pc. So one day I was playing on it and out of nowhere my main monitor froze and the second one that is connected to my motherboard freaking out. so i turned it off using the power button on the device and tried to turn it back on after...
  6. Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.: Hi, Im Harry and i have an issue with my pc. So one day I was playing on it and out of nowhere my main monitor froze and the second one that is connected to my motherboard freaking out. so i turned it off using the power button on the device and tried to turn it back on after...
  7. Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Display freezes and pc restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display freezes and pc restarts: Good evening ,I keep having an issue with my computer, where when I start the pc, usually my display stops working and I have no real way to tell if the computer is still on or not. The case has some RGB lighting and they also crash so I suppose the computer crashes as well....
  9. PC freezes and restarts

PC freezes and restarts: Good morning, I have a new Windows 10 Pro 20H2 PC and at first i had some BSODs. I have updated some AMD drivers and i have them no longer. Now after 3 or 4 hours of use (web radio on Chrome) it freezes and restarts with no BSOD. Sometimes it freezes with no restart and...
  10. PC freezes and restarts

PC freezes and restarts: Hi all, I have been getting intermittent freezing and rebooting lately. I haven't made any recent hardware or software changes and don't know the cause. Would appreciate some support. System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core...