Windows 10: Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also

Discus and support Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed that when playing fullscreen video games my computer will randomly begin lagging about every 2 seconds and freezes the video and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mattchappy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also

Hello,

I've noticed that when playing fullscreen video games my computer will randomly begin lagging about every 2 seconds and freezes the video and audio for about a second. This can happen when I first start up my game or it can happen an hour into playing, it seems to be random. This about six months ago intermittent however now the problem is daily if I want to play a game. When I turn off my computer it blue screens with the error "Driver Power State Failure". I've looked on forums and tried some ideas like uninstalling my current GPU driver and I rolled-back the driver to later versions (I've done this with about 5 different version). However, the problem still persists. I am currently on 19.6.3 for my Radeon Rx580 GPU. My Windows 10 version I'm on is 1903 (OS Build 18362.175). I cannot figure out this issue and I would love some ideas to help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Matt Chapman

P.S. Attached I have shared a link to a video of it I took from my phone.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UlFiX3NvbUVvYVpxTnVNR0xLY2w1SEJLNTFpcU5R

:)

mattchappy, Jul 3, 2019

2. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with sound. I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    For the issue with display try the below method.

Method 4.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 5.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10...

For me the situation got little better (30-50 ms lag instead of 300-500) when i switched my default audio output to the A2DP (my headphones display twice in the list: one is "<Devicename> Hands-Free" - it's HSP and it has headset (with microphone) on its
    icon, second is "<Devicename> Stereo" - it's A2DP, it shows only headphones).

Артём Мозырев, Jul 3, 2019
  4. spl1ff Win User

Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also

Audio is out of sync on browsers

After countless hours of research and troubleshooting I finally found the culprit. It seems that BenQ's Display Pilot causes this audio lag for whatever reason. Here are the steps I made to find the solution:
    • uninstallled and reinstalled every driver of every component
    • checked system/cpu/temperature -- all in nominal/normal values/
    • reinstalled a fresh copy of windows
    • one-by-one I disabled every program that ran at startup (this led me to BenQ's Display Pilot)
    I did not even suspected that something that has to do with my display would even cause this issue.

spl1ff, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also

1. Display freezes every 2 seconds and lags audio also - Similar Threads - Display freezes every

2. PC display lags for 0.5 seconds after every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC display lags for 0.5 seconds after every 15 seconds: When i play a video or do a task in my pc unpluged . display lags for 0.5 second after every 15-25 seconds. it's just very annoying. my pc specs. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 6600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.2 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system,...
  3. PC display lags for 0.5 seconds after every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC display lags for 0.5 seconds after every 15 seconds: When i play a video or do a task in my pc unpluged . display lags for 0.5 second after every 15-25 seconds. it's just very annoying. my pc specs. Processor AMD Ryzen 5 6600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.2 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system,...
  4. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  5. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  6. Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.: Hey i have a problem i started upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and once windows 10 loaded i relized that the screen freezes for 2-1 seconds and every 2-1 seconds. On windows 8.1 it dosent have that problem. Its a problem i went to youtube when a youtube video loads...
  7. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  8. delay / lag every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delay / lag every 2 seconds: it's been almost a year since i got this laptop and its been happening ever since. whenever i use the mouse, touchpad or graphics tablet, it starts to lag for 2 seconds and it happens every 3-5 seconds. i've tried restarting the computer, cleaning out files, uninstalling and...
  9. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....