Windows 10: Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers

Discus and support Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently I have encountered numerous issues involving display adapters, driver incompatibilities, black screens etc... tl dr at the bottom with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheCheddar, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers

So recently I have encountered numerous issues involving display adapters, driver incompatibilities, black screens etc...

tl dr at the bottom with specs:

If I had to think of when it started, it was in November last year where I would just not have any display through my gpu at this point in time it was HIS RX 470 4GB when booting my computer. After a few restarts it would work and be fine for a week or so until the issue repeats. Initially I thought it was my gpu because I've been using it non-stop since 2016, so a month ago it just stops completely. I work on multiple monitorsluckily so I ran the system through my mb. Uninstalling, reinstalling drivers, old and new... but nothing seemed to work. Card was posting but blank on log in

After countless attempts, I switched to a GTX 1050ti that I'm borrowing from a sibling. Plugged it in, posted on boot, installed driver, restarted and everything seemed to be back to normal until a month later...in Feb 2020

The same @#$% thing started again. I repeated the above-mentioned procedure but started getting issues like NVidia drivers not compatible with windows version on any driver I downloaded tried updating windows and noticed its stuck on version 1903 even though the November update has been out for some time. After I don't want to know how many some troubleshooting forums and posts nothing seemed to work. I reinstalled windows even after downloading the newest Microsoft Installation tool on a boot drive took it about a dozen restarts and update checks it finally updated to 1909 where the Nvidia drivers still gave me the prompt that it is not compatible with the current windows version. At this point I went back to my RX 470 and guess what it worked again.... for about 2 days where my first issue started.

Went back to the GTX 1050ti where for some odd reason the drivers installed maybe a fix on Nvidia or Windows drivers who knows. This worked but have been having weird screen flashes both in-game and on the desktop. This bring us to the present. With my current complaints.

Occasional reinstall of Nvidia drivers prompting its incompatible with Windows version
    On my desktop through my second monitor I Right-Click and try accessing Nvidia Control panel where it prompts no device present
    In Device manager in Display Adapters both Intel HD Graphics 520 and GTX 1050ti are present and enabled, with no hdmi signal on gpu output from screen, to where the weirdest thing is happening. When gpu is enabled the mouse cursor only moves on second monitor with blank screen on the main screen. If I disable the gpu in Device Manager the mouse cursor can move to "imaginary" screen where the main monitor would display but still blank. This even happens when I disconnect the monitor completelyno hdmi plugged in no power at all but windows display adapter thinks there is a "second" to the one outputting from the mb.
    Please any advice would greatly be appreciated...

P.S. I am going to replace my psu to a 700Wwant to upgrade system soon because colleagues have suggested that the current is old and faulty so this could be the issue which I hope is the case will keep updated...

TL DR:

No display from GPU output. After uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and windows as well, the system would work for a small period of time and then repeat the issues. This is the case with both AMD and Nvidia GPU's. I have a feeling that its something to do with the current updates to Windows. Both brands drivers gave prompts to incompatibility issues with Windows version and system stubburn and refusing to update to the latest patches. My current issues is highlighted in the bullets in the above mentioned post.

Specs:

Monitor 1 DELL 27 inch brand new basically output from GPU with 5m brand new HDMI cable

Second monitor AOC 19 inch about 2 years old output from MB on VGA output

i5-6600k standard clocks

2x8GB G.SKill Ram

Gigabyte B150M-DDR4 yes i know

HIS RX 470 4GB First GPU to have problem

EVGA GTX 1050ti currently installed

:)

TheCheddar, Mar 5, 2020

2. Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers

So recently I have encountered numerous issues involving display adapters, driver incompatibilities, black screens etc...

tl dr at the bottom with specs:

If I had to think of when it started, it was in November last year where I would just not have any display through my gpu (at this point in time it was HIS RX 470 4GB) when booting my computer. After a few restarts it would work and be fine for a week
    or so until the issue repeats. Initially I thought it was my gpu because I've been using it non-stop since 2016, so a month ago it just stops completely. I work on multiple monitors(luckily) so I ran the system through my mb. Uninstalling, reinstalling drivers,
    old and new... but nothing seemed to work. (Card was posting but blank on log in)

After countless attempts, I switched to a GTX 1050ti that I'm borrowing from a sibling. Plugged it in, posted on boot, installed driver, restarted and everything seemed to be back to normal until a month later...(in Feb 2020)

The same @#$% thing started again. I repeated the above-mentioned procedure but started getting issues like NVidia drivers not compatible with windows version (on any driver I downloaded) tried updating windows and noticed its stuck on version 1903 even
    though the November update has been out for some time. After (I don't want to know how many) some troubleshooting forums and posts nothing seemed to work. I reinstalled windows even after downloading the newest Microsoft Installation tool on a boot drive took
    it about a dozen restarts and update checks it finally updated to 1909 where the Nvidia drivers still gave me the prompt that it is not compatible with the current windows version. At this point I went back to my RX 470 and guess what it worked again.... for
    about 2 days where my first issue started.

Went back to the GTX 1050ti where for some odd reason the drivers installed (maybe a fix on Nvidia or Windows drivers who knows). This worked but have been having weird screen flashes both in-game and on the desktop. This bring us to the present. With
    my current complaints.

• Occasional reinstall of Nvidia drivers prompting its incompatible with Windows version
    • On my desktop through my second monitor I Right-Click and try accessing Nvidia Control panel where it prompts no device present
    • In Device manager in Display Adapters both Intel HD Graphics 520 and GTX 1050ti are present and enabled, with no hdmi signal on gpu output from screen, to where the weirdest thing is happening. When gpu is enabled the mouse cursor only moves on second monitor
      with blank screen on the main screen. If I disable the gpu in Device Manager the mouse cursor can move to "imaginary" screen where the main monitor would display but still blank. This even happens when I disconnect the monitor completely(no hdmi plugged in
      no power at all) but windows display adapter thinks there is a "second" to the one outputting from the mb.

Please any advice would greatly be appreciated...

P.S. I am going to replace my psu to a 700W(want to upgrade system soon) because colleagues have suggested that the current is old and faulty so this could be the issue which I hope is the case will keep updated...

TL DR:

No display from GPU output. After uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and windows as well, the system would work for a small period of time and then repeat the issues. This is the case with both AMD and Nvidia GPU's. I have a feeling that its something
    to do with the current updates to Windows. Both brands drivers gave prompts to incompatibility issues with Windows version and system stubburn and refusing to update to the latest patches. My current issues is highlighted in the bullets in the above mentioned
    post.

Specs:

Monitor 1 DELL 27 inch brand new basically (output from GPU) with 5m brand new HDMI cable

Second monitor AOC 19 inch about 2 years old (output from MB) on VGA output

i5-6600k standard clocks

2x8GB G.SKill Ram

Gigabyte B150M-DDR4 (yes i know)

HIS RX 470 4GB (First GPU to have problem)

EVGA GTX 1050ti (currently installed)

TheCheddar, May 27, 2020
  3. Issues with unsuitable graphics card after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Deva,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the graphics card on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model your device and graphics card?
    • Is there any error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to compatibility problem with the graphics card on Windows 10, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing display drivers, contact the graphics card Manufacturer's website, search for the latest drivers for the device and install them.

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2020
  4. Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers

AMD graphic driver not working

Hi Kamal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The error message you are getting is probably due to some corruption in the Display driver files. I suggest you to try the steps provided in the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

We recommend you to download the drivers from the section manually select drivers, from this link :

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Go to the link under the section Manually select drivers put the graphics card information and select the Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit .

Now uninstall the currently installed AMD card drivers an install the downloaded one.

Method 1 : Uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturers website.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be a some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers

1. Display from graphics cards not working and related windows incompatibilty issues with drivers - Similar Threads - Display graphics cards

2. Issue related to graphic drivers in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue related to graphic drivers in windows 10: Hello I have a old pc with tiny 10 23H1 ×64 version. After installing the os I downloaded the latest version of Nvidia graphic driver 309.08 WHQL for the inbuilt Nvidia geforce 7100 nforce 630i. But after installing the driver the task bar and the start menu became...
  3. Issue related to graphic drivers in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue related to graphic drivers in windows 10: Hello I have a old pc with tiny 10 23H1 ×64 version. After installing the os I downloaded the latest version of Nvidia graphic driver 309.08 WHQL for the inbuilt Nvidia geforce 7100 nforce 630i. But after installing the driver the task bar and the start menu became...
  4. Issue related to graphic drivers in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  6. Graphics card / Display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card / Display issue: Hello people of the Microsoft forum! Hope everyone is having a great day :DI have a laptop that's about 2 years old. Ever since I got it, I noticed there was occasionally some sort of graphical or display issue that would rarely appear. Now, however, I feel like I see it at...
  7. Corrupted Text Display - Graphics Card Issue?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corrupted Text Display - Graphics Card Issue?: Win Ver 1903 (Build 18362.592) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti I have a mature and stable system but over the last few days I've noticed an occasional line or two of text displaying as garbage (see screenshot). The text rights itself if I highlight or select the whole paragraph...
  8. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....
  9. Graphics card drivers refusing to work

Graphics card drivers refusing to work: i have a gtx 1060 6gb oc and in the device manager it is being detected as a standard Microsoft card auto updates detect that it is a gtx 1060 6gb but say there is an error installing i try nivdia drivers and it says my version of windows is incompatible (windows 10). i...
  10. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...