Windows 10: Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back.

Discus and support Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm quite stuck. Finished my machine build last night, got it to POST ok, and am now having some r trouble trying to install Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eal, Dec 30, 2015.

1. EAL
    eal Win User

Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back.

Hi all,

I'm quite stuck. Finished my machine build last night, got it to POST ok, and am now having some r trouble trying to install Windows 10. Here's what happens:

- Boot from windows 10 usb
    - Install windows successfully (can navigate around and use the system like normal)
    - After about 3-10m the screen goes black, I can still see the white cursor for a few seconds, and then the signal drops out and the monitor goes to sleep
    - On reboot, I seeing the circle of dots, but then the signal drops and the monitor goes to sleep.
    - Boot into safe mode using F8 at startup (I reenabled F8 during the 3-10m it works)
    - Safe mode works, but nothing I've tried so far from safemode has made any difference on normal boot. -- no display signal after swirling dots.

Here's what I've tried so far that hasn't worked:

- Run windows update from safe mode --- but my network won't work from safe mode, and the driver install for my ethernet card fails.
    - Update drivers from safemode -- most driver installers won't run. And device manager either thinks its got the right driver (chipset) or the install timesout (network card)
    - Reinstall windows and Disable sleep/hibernate.
    - Reinstall windows and run windows update as the first thing to try to get new graphics card drivers (didn't finish in time)

I'm at a loss at this point. Never had an issue like this on my previous builds.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Evan

:)

Thema:

Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back.

1. Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back. - Similar Threads - Display goes black

2. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  3. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  4. Black screen comes but goes after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen comes but goes after restart.: Hi, Recently I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security. Then I was deleting it from registry, I deleted a file most probably named Microsoft over there. Then an error message came and everything went dark. I restored registry and clicked restart of the computer. Then The...
  5. My laptop screen goes black and comes back on again .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop screen goes black and comes back on again .: My laptop screen goes black while I am browsing net or reading a pdf. There is no cursor visible and I just keep clicking then a small tab appears on the left top corner with the minimize maximize and close button only and now the cursor also becomes visible. The after few...
  6. display won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display won't come back on: On my Windows 10 laptop Acer Aspire E5, I have the screen display set to turn off after 10 minutes of no activity. When this happens, I cannot get it to turn back on my typical means like moving the mouse. The only way to do it is to do a restart. This shouldn't happen. Any...
  7. screen goes black but comes back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes black but comes back up: I recently got a Dell Intel Core i5 8th generation. I've had this machine for about 2 weeks, a little less. It runs smoothly except it randomly goes to a black screen but comes back almost immediately. Nothing is lost or even damaged, but I'm not sure why the screen blacks...
  8. Screen goes black for a scond then comes on.

Screen goes black for a scond then comes on.: After installing win 10 and update the screen periodically goes black. Then comes on again for awhile....etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-for-a-scond-then-comes-on/d0fe6b00-3225-447e-9bee-c27b81300f93
  9. Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode): Hello Everyone, I have setup my laptop screen to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that the display doesn't come back once it is turned off. The Laptop is always in running mode as I have disabled the sleep option while plugged in. I am using an...
  10. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes: I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago. It started about a month after I bought it. Suddenly, the display goes black. The computer and monitor are still ON, but the...