Windows 10: Display Goes Black After 20 Idle Minutes Must Reboot To Restore

Discus and support Display Goes Black After 20 Idle Minutes Must Reboot To Restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The topic says it all. When I leave my Win 10 Lenovo E570 laptop idle for about 20 minutes the screen goes black with no cursor. The power button stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JWalker, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JWalker Win User

Display Goes Black After 20 Idle Minutes Must Reboot To Restore

The topic says it all. When I leave my Win 10 Lenovo E570 laptop idle for about 20 minutes the screen goes black with no cursor. The power button stays lit continuously indicating that the computer is not in Sleep Mode. My problem is that I cannot find a key to restore the display, but I can press the power button to force a shutdown. Then I can power on and all is fine except any work which was not saved. I have extended the times to go into Sleep Mode to Never going into it after an idle time, and I have extended the time for the display to turn off. I need to find a key to turn the display back on if it automatically shuts off. Thanks.

:)

JWalker, Nov 15, 2017
  2. RDetour Win User

Windows 10 Install Hang up On Start Page

Installed Windows 10 after a lengthy download. After the download the computer is stuck on the "Welcome again" screen. Can't get past the "next" step because the computer goes into a loop and then reboots itself. After 12 tries I have given up. After approximately
    20 minutes in idle the computer shuts itself down. I must then restart the computer to return to the "Welcome" screen to begin the whole reboot ordeal all over again. Does anyone have any suggestions to get past this screen?

RDetour, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Display goes black within one minute.

On Windows 10, my display goes black after minute, even after sleep setting is on 30 minutes.

KarlBraungart, Nov 15, 2017
  4. JWalker Win User

I am going to guess what Windows 10 should do when the screen goes black after a long time of idle. Hitting any key should restore the screen, but mine doesn't. There is a BIOS update available for my laptop (Lenovo E570) but I fear it may create additional problems and perhaps not even fix the screen issue. So with that does anyone have any similar experience or do they know how they restore the screen?

JWalker, Nov 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Display Goes Black After 20 Idle Minutes Must Reboot To Restore - Similar Threads - Display Goes Black

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  4. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  7. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  8. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes: I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago. It started about a month after I bought it. Suddenly, the display goes black. The computer and monitor are still ON, but the...
  9. Crashes after open for 20-40 minutes. Reboots then BSOD.

Crashes after open for 20-40 minutes. Reboots then BSOD.: I got this laptop a few years ago, used. I've pretty much always had issues with it, but nothing that keeps me from using it. Normally I have to boot it into the BIOS and then start it from there, otherwise, I get a BSOD, 0xc000000e. But today it's started crashing after I...
  10. PC hard-reboots after 10-20 minutes

PC hard-reboots after 10-20 minutes: When my machine has been off for a longer period of time, usually over night it hard resets after 10-20 minutes in game. When it comes back after the hard reboot it runs fine and no more hard resets. 93500