Windows 10: Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.

Discus and support Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a recent update that causes my display to turn black after logging in. I'm wondering if it has to do with it using the Windows Hello facial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by emp9094, Jul 23, 2020.

1. emp9094 Win User

Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.

Is there a recent update that causes my display to turn black after logging in. I'm wondering if it has to do with it using the Windows Hello facial recognition. I have a Surface Pro 4.

:)

emp9094, Jul 23, 2020
  2. emp9094 Win User

Is there a recent update that causes my display to turn black after logging in. I'm wondering if it has to do with it using the Windows Hello facial recognition. I have a Surface Pro 4.

emp9094, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.

Surface pro 4 display goes black

Ok I have a Surface Pro 4. If I boot it into any OS (Windows, Ubuntu, even Hirens boot OS) the screen stays lit for a few seconds then goes black. Not off, just black back-lit.

I figured it was overheating, or faulty display. I booted into UEFI Bios. In this environment the display stays on indefinitely. Debunking that theory.

A strange part is, if I boot into a Windows installation USB. The display stays on indefinitely, until I start the installation and it gets about halfway through.

I can only conclude its a display driver issue. The bios likely uses its own driver & when it loads an environment outside of this, it fails.

OK. Onto the question.

I'd like some advice, does anyone have a theory on how to resolve this?

Is there any other bootable environment that I can use that may use its own display driver?

Or does anyone know how to sideload or inject display drivers with not being able to operate in an OS. I have the bios, & windows installation environment. That's pretty much it.

Thoughts?

DaddyRompeToto, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4. - Similar Threads - Display goes black

2. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death": Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended...
  3. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death": Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended...
  4. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple displays on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays on Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Dock. I have 3 external displays connected, 2 via the Surface Dock, and 1 via the Surface's integrated display port. There seems to be no way to enable the Surface Pro's display with this setup. Is this a limitation of Windows 10 or the...
  6. Surface pro 4 display goes black

Surface pro 4 display goes black: Ok I have a Surface Pro 4. If I boot it into any OS Windows, Ubuntu, even Hirens boot OS the screen stays lit for a few seconds then goes black. Not off, just black back-lit. I figured it was overheating, or faulty display. I booted into UEFI Bios. In this environment the...
  7. Surface pro 4

Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock: Hi all, recently I've been plagued with a very strange issue regarding my external monitors that I cannot seem to resolve. I have the Surface Pro 4, with the surface dock, and two external monitors. The issues coincide with upgrades to the monitors, going from 1080p Asus...
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169