Windows 10: Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

Discus and support Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaryWMaxwell, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago.

It started about a month after I bought it. Suddenly, the display goes black. The computer and monitor are still ON, but the display is totally black. There are no error messages, no blinking lights, just a black screen. It usually comes back on by itself, after a few minutes. This is happening more often, the longer I have this. I have contacted Office Max and HP, and SquareTrade, which sold us the warranty. I can't seem to get any help! All I get are automated voices and messages with absolutely no assistance. I saw an article on Microsoft about reinstalling drivers, but I do not have the computer expertise to DO that!!! Please tell me what would cause this monitor to black out momentarily like that. And what can I do, to get these companies to take care of this problem that I feel should NOT be happening! (It is protected by McAfee as well.)

:)

MaryWMaxwell, Mar 4, 2019

2. Display goes black within one minute.

On Windows 10, my display goes black after minute, even after sleep setting is on 30 minutes.

KarlBraungart, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes.

I'm using Windows 10. My display goes black after 1 minute. Power and display settings were changed to 30 minutes with no affect.

KarlBraungart, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

1. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes - Similar Threads - Display goes black

2. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  3. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  4. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  5. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  6. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  7. screen goes black but comes back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes black but comes back up: I recently got a Dell Intel Core i5 8th generation. I've had this machine for about 2 weeks, a little less. It runs smoothly except it randomly goes to a black screen but comes back almost immediately. Nothing is lost or even damaged, but I'm not sure why the screen blacks...
  8. Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On: Hi there, don't know where to go as I am not computer savvy at all. My computer has all of a sudden been crashing the games I am playing and freezing and having the screen go black for a few seconds. The specs are a evga 2070 super, windows 10, i7-9700k, z390 pro4...
  9. Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10: Hi, This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently. The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and comes back and it is quite annoying at times. My PC: Lenovo c260 CPU: J2900 Ram: 4 GB Graphics: Intel HD 1. Tried...
  10. Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display goes black ~5m after fresh install. Doesn't come back.: Hi all, I'm quite stuck. Finished my machine build last night, got it to POST ok, and am now having some r trouble trying to install Windows 10. Here's what happens: - Boot from windows 10 usb - Install windows successfully (can navigate around and use the system like...