Windows 10: Display goes black when recording sound

Discus and support Display goes black when recording sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I faced a problem where my laptop display goes black when the microphone array is activated (eg recording voice message etc). Pressing any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wai Kean, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Wai Kean Win User

Display goes black when recording sound

Hi,

I faced a problem where my laptop display goes black when the microphone array is activated (eg recording voice message etc). Pressing any buttons won't wake the display but I know the laptop is still running in the background. I have to put my display to sleep and wake it up from there. The problem does not occur constantly, but is becoming more frequent recently. I tried updating the drivers of the graphics but the problem still persists. Does anyone have similar experience and know how to solve it?

I am having intel uhd graphics 630 and nvidia gtx1050.

:)

Wai Kean, Oct 5, 2019

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 5, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Sound recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps to find Sound recorder

• Type voice recorder in search box
    • You will find the voice recorder
    • If it is not there you can go to windows store and download
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Display goes black when recording sound

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Display goes black when recording sound

1. Display goes black when recording sound - Similar Threads - Display goes black

2. Screen recording of RDP screen goes black when the window is not focused.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen recording of RDP screen goes black when the window is not focused.: It's Windows 10 Pro and corporate network. I don't even have to minimize RDP window just click on another window, e.g. browser to turn into black what's being recorded audio works only. When I click back video comes back again.Thanks for any ideas.PS these dropdown menus...
  3. Screen recording of RDP screen goes black when the window is not focused.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen recording of RDP screen goes black when the window is not focused.: It's Windows 10 Pro and corporate network. I don't even have to minimize RDP window just click on another window, e.g. browser to turn into black what's being recorded audio works only. When I click back video comes back again.Thanks for any ideas.PS these dropdown menus...
  4. Screen recording of RDP screen goes black when the window is not focused.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Display goes black randomly

Display goes black randomly: My display goes black randomly, sometimes day apart, sometimes minutes, that forces me to restart whatever I'm doing to get the display back.It's not my Monitor since I swapped it out with a different monitor and it has the same issuesI looked into event viewer, and every...
  6. Screen goes black with the sound.

Screen goes black with the sound.: When playing a game the screen will randomly go black and can still hear the sound. It has happened while watching Netflix also. Only way to get the picture back is to shut down the computer. ive tried different bios versions. used ddu to reinstall the graphics drivers and...
  7. Headset Mic not displayed in Sound: Recording!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic not displayed in Sound: Recording!: Hi, this may be confusing at first, but I will try my best to explain. I have been dealing with my mic volume being low on my laptop ASUS ROG STRIX 17.3” Gaming Laptop I went out and decided to buy a pair of headsets Onikuma K9 I plugged the headsets in and the mic will not...
  8. No sound when recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound when recording: How do I get my external speakers to work when I'm recording from line-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-recording/cb524f1e-618b-40fa-99f6-b15f9bc90eae
  9. Computer display goes blank/black when logging on

Computer display goes blank/black when logging on: Hi, I have an Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop computer running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 IS Build 18362.720. I have an intermittent issue with my computer where the computer will lockup when I logon/switch profile. By locking up I mean, I will get a black screen that...
  10. Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver: When installing the AMD display diver my screen becomes black. My computer does do anything and I have to manually turn it off and turn it on again. When this happens and my computer boots up again the driver is not installed. I ran DDU before I tried installing the driver....