Windows 10: Display has changed radically since latest update

Discus and support Display has changed radically since latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a screenshot of what the text on my screen looks like now - as though it's not got enough pixels in it, somehow![ATTACH] The letters seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RuthBill, Nov 14, 2019.

1. RuthBill Win User

Display has changed radically since latest update

This is a screenshot of what the text on my screen looks like now - as though it's not got enough pixels in it, somehow! Display has changed radically since latest update 61759f19-1571-4632-aaf4-342c25f7354c?upload=true.jpg

The letters seem to be randomly thin and thick, bold and not, really weird. This isn't the way it's meant to be, it's the same on my own site which is supposed to be simply normal Ariel. I've checked that drivers are up to date. I can't find anywhere to check if my old computer screen is unsuitable for the new update. Anybody have the same problem or any idea what to do?

:)

RuthBill, Nov 14, 2019

2. In Display settings, changing the scale of a display does not change its relative size when arranging with other displays

Hi Brian,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your display settings, we would like to know if you made any changes to your computer prior to the concern (e.g. updates, software installation). This issue might occur due to a corrupted display driver. We suggest
    that you uninstall the display drivers and restart the computer (the drivers will be automatically updated after the restart). To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand the Display Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Display Device.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer after uninstalling the Display Device.

We also recommend that you try installing the latest display driver from the manufacturer's website.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 14, 2019
  3. display stretched after windows update

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that after an Update, your Display is larger and stretched. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know the make and the model of your PC.

Also, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed

• Under Resolution, try changing the resolution settings

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

Try installing latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 display driver is not available in the manufacturer website, I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility
    mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Nov 14, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Display has changed radically since latest update - Similar Threads - Display has changed

2. Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?: I've been trying to cast from my Windows 11 laptop Dell XPS 15 9500 to a TCL Roku TV and the experience has been very disappointing. When I cast, the video sometimes buffers/stutters and is blurry, glitchy or plays very slow much slower than normal. It is basically unusable....
  3. Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?: I've been trying to cast from my Windows 11 laptop Dell XPS 15 9500 to a TCL Roku TV and the experience has been very disappointing. When I cast, the video sometimes buffers/stutters and is blurry, glitchy or plays very slow much slower than normal. It is basically unusable....
  4. latest update has messed up my video display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update has messed up my video display: The monitor screen is stretched out and all round icons are now egg shaped and the rectangular icons are square. I am unable to open any photos from photoshop now. People look squashed out. Help. this all happened after the latest Microsoft "update"...
  5. Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?: Hi, Guess my W10 desktop did an automatic update last night to the latest and greatest. Is there a link somewhere that would state, and explain, the new features in this updated version ? Or, might someone please just summarize whatever is new. Would really appreciate....
  6. Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?: Hi, Guess my W10 desktop did an automatic update last night to the latest and greatest. Is there a link somewhere that would state, and explain, the new features in this updated version ? Or, might someone please just summarize whatever is new. Would really appreciate....
  7. The Search function in Pictures has changed since the latest update. Can I get the old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Search function in Pictures has changed since the latest update. Can I get the old...: I've encountered a problem recently while searching in my Pictures folder. It used to be that when I clicked in the 'Search Pictures' box in the upper right corner of my Pictures folder This PC > Pictures I would see several options to search for a picture. There would be 2...
  8. Display has changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display has changed: I opened the Action Center today and my whole display has changed. All of the shortcuts and documents I had on my desktop are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-has-changed/4a7912e5-29fa-4983-b3fd-413e5fd9c264
  9. Screen display out of whack since latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display out of whack since latest update: Icons on edges and taskbar partially off screen since latest windows 10 update. Tried adjusting screen resolution and scale to no avail. Top of windows that open are also not visible, off the perimeter of the screen. Mouse arrow can go beyond edge to pull windows down....
  10. Since the latest Win10 update intel RST has stopped working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the latest Win10 update intel RST has stopped working...: Hi everyone, Windows 10 just launched a big update (16th April was the installation for me), I believe it enabled Cortana here in Australia, upon restarting I was getting annoying notifications I had previously disabled, and a bunch of smaller software updates were...