Windows 10: Display Icons, suddenly Large

Discus and support Display Icons, suddenly Large in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Probably my cat, but how do I return icons to their original size?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkvanHudson, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Display Icons, suddenly Large

Probably my cat, but how do I return icons to their original size?

:)

MarkvanHudson, Nov 10, 2018

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 10, 2018
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Display Icons, suddenly Large

why are icons etc. too large after latest update?

Hi Derek,

Corruptions may be the possible reason why your icons and screen was too large after update. To better assist your issue, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far aside from adjusting the icon size.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to customized your display:

• Type Display settings in the search box beside Windows icon at the lower left side part of your screen.
    • Click Enter.
    • Under Customized your display, adjust the Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 100%(Recommended).
      Kindly check the screenshot below:

Display Icons, suddenly Large 8389928a-2df5-4e43-b74f-0b2997c2672c.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Display Icons, suddenly Large

1. Display Icons, suddenly Large - Similar Threads - Display Icons suddenly

2. Why won't some desktop icons display as large?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't some desktop icons display as large?: I have my desktop icons view setting set to large icons but for some reason a few icons don't upsize, they remain the same 'medium' size. Is this a Windows issue or p[roblem with the individiual apps?...
  3. Why won't some desktop icons display as large?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't some desktop icons display as large?: I have my desktop icons view setting set to large icons but for some reason a few icons don't upsize, they remain the same 'medium' size. Is this a Windows issue or p[roblem with the individiual apps?...
  4. Suddenly large icon when dragging files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly large icon when dragging files: Hi all,Since today I suddenly started getting large icons for dragging filesAnd the HP support assistant suddenly got biggerAnd a also in chrome the IDM extension pop up..These are the ones I noticed...
  5. Text, icons suddenly large - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text, icons suddenly large - Windows 10: I was on my computer earlier. Settings were as usual. Came back and all desktop and tray icons as well as browser print are huge, even though I didn't change anything. Zoom is set at 100%. Display resolution is set at 1024 x 768. Tray icons are so big there is now a...
  6. Extra large icons displaying the same size as large icons in Windows 10 File Explorer- when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extra large icons displaying the same size as large icons in Windows 10 File Explorer- when...: Hello! I've been reading through many threads, dating back to 2017, which report this problem. With two new computers different brands, I can't get Extra Large thumbnails to display properly in File Explorer in Windows 10 - they are the same size as Large thumbnails, spread...
  7. Photo Icons won't display in Extra Large Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Icons won't display in Extra Large Size: I'm running Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed. In File Explorer my icons for photos won't expand to the Extra Large Size. The Large Size works, but clicking the Extra Large Size, it only expands the white-space between them without actually expanding the size of...
  8. large icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    large icons: is there a way ti make bottom task bar icons larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-icons/053cec6b-39c5-491b-a557-d1607423acc3
  9. Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font: Just got an update called 'Advanced micro devices Inc - display - 7/25/2017 22.19.128.0' And now my display is showing everything (icons, desktop, Browser, File Explorer) as huge font? Its like it has zoomed in? I did system restore to make sure this was the culprit....
  10. Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge: Hello everyone I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored, but when I go into the view tab on file explore and click display icons as large or extra large only some will display at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer icons suddenly large

2. windows display suddenly large