Windows 10: display is dim even at max brightness

Discus and support display is dim even at max brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screen seems too dark even at max brightness. I've tried calibrating the HD display in colors settings and that doesn't work either. Any ideas how i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mr.gobbo, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mr.gobbo Win User

display is dim even at max brightness

My screen seems too dark even at max brightness. I've tried calibrating the HD display in colors settings and that doesn't work either. Any ideas how i can make it brighter?

:)

mr.gobbo, Nov 2, 2020

2. Dimmed brightness

I have a problem with the dimmed brightness. my monitor always dimmed when I view something that have a low brightness. I change the dimmed brightness setting, turn off the adaptive brightness but my monitor still dim. I'm not sure its a driver issue as
    there is no update for my display driver. I am using hp pavilion g4 with intel hd graphic

IQBALKAIJU, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Brightness dims on game

So ive come to this issue where Destiny 2 dims brightness on launch. I have tried to fox brightness but its so dim. I put brightness up on computer settings no change. I put brightness to max on game and still very dim. it doesnt seem to be a game issue
    has it works fine on other computers. Im not sure if there is a setting on my laptop that has been enabled. Please help.

yellowcats8, Nov 2, 2020
  4. display is dim even at max brightness

Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Fletch F Fletch, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

display is dim even at max brightness

1. display is dim even at max brightness - Similar Threads - display dim max

2. How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.: dimming the brightness on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-dim-the-brightness-i-went-to-settings-and/6748c23a-9d20-4469-9044-d4795597c681
  3. Max Brightness on Videos

Max Brightness on Videos: Hello, I a currently experiencing an unusual problem where any downloaded video I have, plays the video on max brightness. videos on youtube are fine, all the colors on the apps I am running are fine, But if I play a video that I have saved on my Computer then the video...
  4. Screen colors are dim even at max brightness. Struggling to find a fix!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen colors are dim even at max brightness. Struggling to find a fix!: I'm not sure if this happened after updating to the latest version of NVIDIA driver but my laptop display colors are a bit dark, even at max brightness. I have disabled adaptive brightness and I definitely don't have Night Light on, so not sure what is going on. I haven't...
  5. Screen dimming even at 100% brightness

Screen dimming even at 100% brightness: Hi recently bought a Lenovo laptop, a Lenovo V14-ARE laptop, and as soon as I turned it on I noticed, when I put it on 100% brightness it is bright and vivid but then it dims. After a while, the screen brightens again then proceeds to dim once again in a few seconds. When I...
  6. Dim Brightness

Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  7. Brightness dims on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims on game: So ive come to this issue where Destiny 2 dims brightness on launch. I have tried to fox brightness but its so dim. I put brightness up on computer settings no change. I put brightness to max on game and still very dim. it doesnt seem to be a game issue has it works fine on...
  8. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  9. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  10. My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.: And yes, I've already tried the adaptive brightness, not the issue. It just happened out of nowhere, maybe I pressed the wrong selection of keys, but all I remember is that it just paused for a sec, after that it made this old school sounding computer noise (think the noise...