Windows 10: Display is Fuzzy

Discus and support Display is Fuzzy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was working on my computer and accidentally hit an "unknown" key on my keyboard. My screen suddenly resized itself and the icons are huge and really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MicheleF2058, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Display is Fuzzy

I was working on my computer and accidentally hit an "unknown" key on my keyboard. My screen suddenly resized itself and the icons are huge and really fuzzy.

I went into Display and tried to fix it that way but it didn't work. I also wanted to restore my computer to an hour earlier and could not find the section to restore the computer to a specific time.

:)

MicheleF2058, Dec 24, 2018

2. Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed

Hello,
    I have a strange issue, this started about a week ago after Creators' update. I have the system to auto-update all software and features from Microsoft. All drivers are up to date. I have manually installed the latest display driver for this laptop.
    Issue:
    • When I have many windows open, the display crumbles only in selected parts of the screen as shown in the attached picture.
    • This flickering doesn't happen in safe mode (with networking).
    • Doesn't happen with a live USB linux session either.
    • This is reversed upon selecting the text (for example in a webpage or a word processor document).

System specs: Windows 10, founders update. Intel 4 series express chipset (Centrino processor) with 5gb of ram running windows 10 creators update.

Display is Fuzzy [​IMG]

Display is Fuzzy [​IMG]

Display is Fuzzy [​IMG]

Display is Fuzzy [​IMG]

Solutions tried so far with no success:
    • Text scaling and DPI scaling,
    • installing various drivers including Windows 7 drivers for this display,
    • Going to safe mode, uninstalling the driver and deleting it and restarting,
    • uninstalling most of the programs and features (except MS office and a few other essentials)
    Can anybody help please?
    thanks and best regards
    Raghu

raghuveerkr, Dec 24, 2018
  3. kmannens Win User
    Fuzzy/Blurry letters on external display (DPI scaling issue?)

Hello -

Relevant data

• Microsoft Surface Book - i5 - 256 GB with NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M
    • LG 34UM58-P - Ultrawide IPS Monitor (Also tried on an acer HD monitor)
    • High quality mini display to HDMI cable
    • Windows 10 Pro 1709
    • Surface Book just freshly set up
    Description

• In essence, all text (not only in browsers, but also in generic windows menus, see images below) are slightly fuzzy - while being tack sharp on the Surface Book display.
    • Based on my search on this forum and the wider web, this is a known issue, but none of the solutions or workaround suggested have worked for me. ( Been spending a full day and a half on researching this and I think I tried them all)
    Display settings Settings

Illustrative images/screenshots

I believe this is a known bug in Windows 10, where it can not correctly handle 2 monitors with different DPI scaling. The posts on this forum suggest that the latest versions of Windows should have fixed this issue, but for me this is not the case - as I
    am indeed running the latest version of Windows 10

(I also posted this in the Surface forum, but since this appears to be a Windows issue and not a Surface one, I thought I would try my luck here. Apologies for the cross post.)

Any advise greatly appreciated.

kmannens, Dec 24, 2018
  4. mrsfrey Win User

Display is Fuzzy

Display distorted but not fuzzy

Display is Fuzzy [​IMG]

When scroll over clears up but screen is often distorted and hard to read.

mrsfrey, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Display is Fuzzy

1. Display is Fuzzy - Similar Threads - Display Fuzzy

2. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  3. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  4. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  5. fuzzy second display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fuzzy second display: both my screens are the same model “samsung ls24t35” i set the main as horizontal screen connected to the HDMI to my graphics card, and the second display is portrait connected to the display port on the graphics card and the other end is VGA to the second screen. only the...
  6. Fuzzy display with 2560x1440 on new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fuzzy display with 2560x1440 on new monitor: New monitor with 2560 x 1440 display but very 'fuzzy' display, monitor driver is up to date plus check for my new updates on for Win 10 OS system . Whats's wrong with it?...
  7. Fuzzy display when entering password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fuzzy display when entering password: I use a NASA photo for my lock screen image. and up to this last update it worked perfectly. on Start up it is in sharp focus but when I use space bar or mouse button to initiate the input for PW it goes completely out of focus. The pw entry box is ok, just the display of...
  8. Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed: Hello, I have a strange issue, this started about a week ago after Creators' update. I have the system to auto-update all software and features from Microsoft. All drivers are up to date. I have manually installed the latest display driver for this laptop. Issue: When I...
  9. Fuzzy display of all text, icons, images, videos on new computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Fuzzy display of all text, icons, images, videos on new computer: Hello everyone I recently built a new computer and after installing windows 10 everything is displayed in a fuzzy and blurry way including all text, icons, images and videos. This occurs both on the desktop and for programs and on all resolutions. I have plugged my laptop...
  10. Display distorted but not fuzzy

in Windows 10 Support
    Display distorted but not fuzzy: [img] When scroll over clears up but screen is often distorted and hard to read. 60934