Windows 10: display is larger than my monitor

Discus and support display is larger than my monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Androidial, Jun 20, 2020.

1. display is larger than my monitor

I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this?

:)

Androidial, Jun 20, 2020

2. projecting to a monitor

Hi,

The issue that you’re encountered regarding the display size when you use a different monitor on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the resolution from the
    Settings to make it compatible with the larger monitor that you are using. To do this, you may proceed with the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • On the Windows Settings search bar, type resolution.
    • If you're using Windows version 1607, select
      Change the screen resolution.
    • For version 1703 and 1709, select Change the resolution of the display.
    • Under the Resolution section, change the resolution which is similar to the monitor that you are using.
    • Once you’ve changed it, you may check if you’re able to use the larger monitor properly.

Note: You may go to the manufacturer’s website of the larger monitor that you are using to determine which resolution you are going to choose.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 20, 2020
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jun 20, 2020
  4. display is larger than my monitor

Larger monitor Displays Oddly

Exactly as seen in the image below, the larger screen (pictured right) cuts off half of an icon row on the left side and half of the taskbar at the bottom. The larger monitor is set as primary, and the resolution is set to 1980x*

display is larger than my monitor 33d80dc2-eca9-420b-aa53-50962465bc1a.png

Dezzar Tac, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

display is larger than my monitor

1. display is larger than my monitor - Similar Threads - display larger monitor

2. Blackweb RGB Gaming Mouse program display larger than screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blackweb RGB Gaming Mouse program display larger than screen.: Blackweb RGB Gaming Mousemodel: BWA20HO001ARecently purchased, mouse works as intended. Software/Program itself however does not, upon opening Blackweb mouse software to adjust mouse DPI, settings etc. the aspect ratio is larger than my laptops screen of 1366 x 768 there is...
  3. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10: You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple...
  4. Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry: I changed my screen resolution to higher than recommended then when I went back the desktop was too large for the monitor. The taskbar is cutoff halfway and I can barely see the close window button at the top of the screen as well as it is of lower quality and to get...
  5. Connecting to a larger monitor

Connecting to a larger monitor: I have figured out how to connect my laptop to a large TV screen and I can get my homepage on the TV but I cannot change that screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-larger-monitor/f4c3d226-98da-4c45-8e5c-3c2bf3988efa
  6. Everything on my pc is larger than normal

Everything on my pc is larger than normal: I've got a dual monitor setup, my Main monitor looks perfect, but the everything on my other monitor looks larger than normal, and the scale size is 100%. And I cant change it to any lower. why?...
  7. Display smaller than monitor

Display smaller than monitor: Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-smaller-than-monitor/e0b41fe8-4fa2-4c9f-adec-49fcf6cd8024
  8. Display bigger than monitor?

Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  9. After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.: I updated to the October 2018 tonight when it popped up on my screen. After the update, which took forever, my icons in the left most column are not visible or accessible, nor is the start button. The task bar is below the bottom margin of my display. When I open MS Edge the...
  10. picture larger than screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13