Windows 10: display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

Discus and support display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Helmut1492, Feb 21, 2019.

1. display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

:)

Helmut1492, Feb 21, 2019

2. adjust my screen size to fit display

How do I adjust my screen size to fit my display. all of a sudden it got larger. When I last turn computer on. Everything is larger desktop icons, letters, Internet screen. I tried settings display but not the answer windows 10 gives option to only make
    larger than 110%

WILLIAMKING2, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    how to change display size to fit screen size

Hi Judith, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

There's three possible reasons why your display is smaller than your screen size:

- Incorrect monitor settings

- Wrong refresh rate

- Screen resizing settings are off in graphics software

If it's the first reason, you'll need to access your monitor's settings using the buttons on the screen to adjust the screen size. Most modern monitors have an auto-adjust feature that you could use.

If your PC is a laptop, the above won't apply, so see if you can change your refresh rate.

- Click Start and type "View advanced display info" and click that result.

- Click "Display adapter properties for Display 1"

- In the monitor tab, see if a different refresh rate makes a difference.

Otherwise, you'll need to adjust your Nvidia or Radeon or Intel graphics settings to the right screen size. Let me know what brand your graphics is and I'll give you the next steps.

Thanks!

Graeme.P, Feb 21, 2019
  4. display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem.....

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

1. display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen? - Similar Threads - display larger screen

2. how do you change the size of the display less than 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the size of the display less than 100%: how do you change the size of the display to go below 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-size-of-the-display-less/3850f3aa-2672-4ed5-92ff-22589d54dbb3
  3. Screen display size

Screen display size: I have Windows 10 on myPC. Everything was working fine until I stupidly set the display to 500 percent and now I cant get it back to normal size. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard I can see Settings but dont know where to go from there. Any ideas?...
  4. changing the display size

changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  5. changing the size of icons displayed on screen

changing the size of icons displayed on screen: my icons have changed size and I wish to make them smaller again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-size-of-icons-displayed-on-screen/2d7ac97a-62d1-4e59-8c46-961d20f3356c
  6. How to change icon size displayed on screen ?

How to change icon size displayed on screen ?: How to change size of ICONS displayed on screen of WIN 10 Home edition ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-displayed-on-screen/9e0b56a0-168d-4150-b5a3-e69b15624c8e
  7. After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.: I updated to the October 2018 tonight when it popped up on my screen. After the update, which took forever, my icons in the left most column are not visible or accessible, nor is the start button. The task bar is below the bottom margin of my display. When I open MS Edge the...
  8. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  9. How do i fix wrong screen display size?

How do i fix wrong screen display size?: My setting is at 100% yet screen size is 125. I have up to date drivers and tried pressing the Control 0 keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-wrong-screen-display-size/0a2c87e4-5121-4ebe-8ee4-dd5ae993238a
  10. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display size bigger than screen