Windows 10: display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?

Discus and support display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The charms screen is covering the full screen and I cannot get to the windows screen with icons. how do i change it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pickapage, Dec 1, 2018.

1. pickapage Win User

display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?

The charms screen is covering the full screen and I cannot get to the windows screen with icons. how do i change it back?

:)

pickapage, Dec 1, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Dec 1, 2018
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Dec 1, 2018
  4. display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?

Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?

1. display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it? - Similar Threads - display stuck charms

2. How do I fix my laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my laptop stuck on black screen: So I was playing a game on my new laptop and then suddenly it crashed after rebooting the laptop I tried playing the game again but it started lagging and then I noticed that my laptop was not detecting my GPU. So I looked on Google about what to do and saw that uninstalling...
  3. How do I fix my laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my laptop stuck on black screen: So I was playing a game on my new laptop and then suddenly it crashed after rebooting the laptop I tried playing the game again but it started lagging and then I noticed that my laptop was not detecting my GPU. So I looked on Google about what to do and saw that uninstalling...
  4. How do I fix a blue screen stuck on 100%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a blue screen stuck on 100%?: My gaming laptop has just blue screen and has been stuck on 100% progress for awhile and has been the same.Any fixes or possible ways to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-a-blue-screen-stuck-on-100/01827119-72c6-4bda-a84b-431794c036c6
  5. How do I fix a blue screen stuck on 100%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a blue screen stuck on 100%?: My gaming laptop has just blue screen and has been stuck on 100% progress for awhile and has been the same.Any fixes or possible ways to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-a-blue-screen-stuck-on-100/01827119-72c6-4bda-a84b-431794c036c6
  6. i’m stuck in a blue screen loop, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i’m stuck in a blue screen loop, how do I fix it?: I completely restarted my pic where I deleted all my files and games.Right now when I’m trying to start my pc it starts with a black screen and then the blue screen comes and says “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we’ll restart it for you” and it does the...
  7. Stuck on loading screen in Login how do I fix this?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on loading screen in Login how do I fix this?: This been 2 days my problem after the update of laptop, I tried doing safe mode but it still getting stuck on the log in. I even tried system restore, it still get stuck there how do i fix this. Even i tried waiting for us it just infinitely spin then blinks to blackscreen...
  8. How do i fix wrong screen display size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i fix wrong screen display size?: My setting is at 100% yet screen size is 125. I have up to date drivers and tried pressing the Control 0 keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-wrong-screen-display-size/0a2c87e4-5121-4ebe-8ee4-dd5ae993238a
  9. How do i add to the charms bar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i add to the charms bar?: Hello everyone I am interested if it is possible to add outlook 2013 as an option to the share charm. I see that the built in mail app is there by default. I am talking about the charm located on the toolbar in Edge. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated...
  10. Charms not displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Charms not displaying: Ok, after 2 days of Windows 10 use, some thoughts. when hitting the left under-corner you get the Start Menu (I guess), then right mouse click on that Menu and properties, navigation and "When I point to the upper-right corner, show the Charms", but nothing is showing....