Windows 10: Display is TOO big

Discus and support Display is TOO big in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UFCWjess, Jan 2, 2020.

1. UFCWjess Win User

Display is TOO big

Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere!

I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor.

The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen.

I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10.

I've adjusted my size to as low as it will go 100%.

Everything is so big, it's giving me a headache.

I guess I just assumed there should be options for below 100%.

When getting a bigger screen, my goal wasn't to have larger data.

It was to have the same size data, but more of it in front of me!!!

Any ideas???

Thanks!!

:)

UFCWjess, Jan 2, 2020

2. Big problems with Windows 10 after installation.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the outdated display driver or come file are corrupt. For now do not re-install Windows 10, try the below steps and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Step 1. Update the display driver.

I would suggest you to update Display driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.
    • Locate for Display Adaptor and expand it.
    • Right click on the adaptor and click on update.
    Step 2. (Unspecified error 0x8000ffff),

For the issue error 0x8000ffff, I suggest you to check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer or not.
    To check for the same follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type “services.msc” on the box and hit Enter.
    • Locate for “Volume Shadow Copy” and check if the service is started.
    • If not ‘Start’ the service by right clicking on it.
    If the service was already started, I would suggest you to stop the service and restart the same.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 2, 2020
  3. windows 10 screen to big

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Follow the methods provided below.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

Method 1: Change display resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1920x1080.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Display is TOO big

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Display is TOO big

1. Display is TOO big - Similar Threads - Display TOO big

2. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  3. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  4. Notepad is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  5. Volume display too big when changing volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume display too big when changing volume: Is there any way to change the display that comes up when changing the volume? Pretty much every application that I change the volume on (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc.) has the same big volume display in the top left corner and it's annoying. Is there a way to make it...
  6. Calculator too big

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator too big: How can I get calculator that takes up less screen space? I don't care about touch screen. Don Cole 146762
  7. icons on the display are way too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons on the display are way too big: After the last update the icons on the display are way too big, how can I change them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-the-display-are-way-too-big/b1d1845e-2c33-4f7d-9d1a-ae499f0f3015
  8. Windows 10: Display Font size is too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Display Font size is too big: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS. The fonts and text on my display and in the menu bar of my main apps is suddenly too large. They overlap each other making them hard to read and take up alot of screen space. The section of the display settings where you used to be...
  9. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...