Windows 10: Display issue on Windows 10 Desktop Computer

Discus and support Display issue on Windows 10 Desktop Computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, In my desktop computer; motherboard is Asus M5A97, power supply is Cooler Master GX650W, Processor is AMD FX-8320, RAM is HyperX Fury 16GB and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ugn10, Jan 14, 2017.

1. ugn10 Win User

Display issue on Windows 10 Desktop Computer

Hi,

In my desktop computer; motherboard is Asus M5A97, power supply is Cooler Master GX650W, Processor is AMD FX-8320, RAM is HyperX Fury 16GB and OS is Windows 10.

There are two issues:
    • At every start, I need to change data/time manually. And
    • When, I press power button, all lights (optical drive light, HD light...) turns on. After 2 seconds, all lights turn off except chassis fan light. And no display on screen till long time. I have to unplug power cable from CPU cabinet, plug it back and press power button. Then system is up.

I believe the 1st issue is because of CMOS battery.
    Please guide to troubleshoot 2nd issue. Is it also related to CMOS battery or its related to motherboard issue?

Regards

:)

ugn10, Jan 14, 2017

2. dwm.exe application error 0xc0000142

DWM refers to the desktop window manager which composes the Windows desktop. Its possible there is a driver issue, either the display driver needs to be reinstalled or updated.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Again, make sure your display driver is updated:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2017
  3. color display

My desktop computer running windows 10 does not display color

8DougHamilton19, Jan 14, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

For 1. probably CMOS battery. For both, 1 and 2, check the position of the cap jumper on CLRTC on the motherboard. Should be on contacts 1 and 2. If it's there pull it out and put it back few times to ensure good contact.
    Manual for MB: https://www.asus.com/rs/Motherboards...lpDesk_Manual/ chapter 2.2.5.

CountMike, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Display issue on Windows 10 Desktop Computer - Similar Threads - Display issue Desktop

2. computer display issue, not driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    computer display issue, not driver: screen gets brighter and dimmer and ripples, all on left side. starts and stops very rhythmically. See here: reset and delete driver didnt help. all win 10 updates are current. cant find the driver on HP site. then list like 25 different drivers for this computer and none...
  3. desktop display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop display issue: Hey, I recently just bought a 1 VGA cable and 1 VGA y splitter. The specs of the wires are the standard male to male 15 pin for the single VGA cord. The VGA y splitter is also both 15 pin, the single male connection split to 2 female vga connections. I have a Emachine 1850...
  4. desktop display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop display issue: Hey, I recently just bought a 1 VGA cable and 1 VGA y splitter. The specs of the wires are the standard male to male 15 pin for the single VGA cord. The VGA y splitter is also both 15 pin, the single male connection split to 2 female vga connections. I have a Emachine 1850...
  5. Windows 10 Display Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Display Issue: So this is a weird issue i encountered a few hours ago and it doesn't seem to go. Can anyone help? I am on version 21h1, os build 19043.1237 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-issue/3ba6b877-fe71-4c32-8286-87f9252eca3d
  6. Remote Desktop + External Display Issues

Remote Desktop + External Display Issues: I am logging into a remote desktop with an external display but the remote desktop session won't display correctly on my external display the screen 'spills over' onto my laptop screen. The only way i can get it to work is if i disable my laptop screen but i want to use...
  7. Windows 10 display issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 display issues: I am having the following problem on a Windows 10 Surface Book 2 using the Surface Dock 2 with all the latest drivers and Windows updates. When working from home I have two LG 4k monitors connected and the lid to the Surface Book 2 closed. One monitor is connected via HDMI...
  8. desktop on windows 10 is not displayed

desktop on windows 10 is not displayed: When I open the computer, the desktop is not displayed. Instead the downloads page of google chrome is appearing. That page is not closing. If I click the icon on the right side of the page it is showing my computer window. I am unable to see desktop and taskbar. I am unable...
  9. Display issues when using remote desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues when using remote desktop on Windows 10: Like most people at the moment, I'm working from home and remoting into my computer at work. On a morning, everything is fine. However after lunch when I log back in my screen looks like this: [ATTACH] Usually closing the remote session and connecting again works just...
  10. Windows 10 Display Issues

Windows 10 Display Issues: After the latest Windows 10 update I have issues with some windows displaying garbage. This is what my Settings screen looks like: This also happens on the Windows menu, Chrome, etc. Any ideas how to fix this?...