Windows 10: Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3

Discus and support Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed on my computer that there seems to be a display issue bellow my taskbar. Sometimes it gets blurry and shakes. It just started to happen out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Krystal Carpintieri, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3

I noticed on my computer that there seems to be a display issue bellow my taskbar. Sometimes it gets blurry and shakes. It just started to happen out of nowhere. It doesn't show up if I take a screenshot. I've done every possible update. Any idea of what is causing this?

Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 8f2f688c-c8df-4461-93c1-e81fda88f1e3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Krystal Carpintieri, Jun 4, 2020

2. Issues with the display of the Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the display of the surface pro. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the Display settings prior to this issue?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers on the system from the manufacturing website and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to uninstall the Display Drivers.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Display driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer and install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    I also suggest you to refer the link on How do I fix desktop app display issues? For Surface and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...indows-store/app-display-issues?os=windows-10

Hope this helps regarding the display of the surface. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3

I have a weird powercfg /a response and no Hibernate anywhere-Surface Pro 3

I have tried all manners that I know of to enable Hibernate

Microsoft support has posted a help article with instructions to fix this issue:

Source Surface Pro 3 or Surface 3 doesn't hibernate in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3

1. Display Issue/Weird Spacing/Gap Below Taskbar - Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 - Similar Threads - Display Issue Weird

2. Weird space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird space below taskbar: Hi! Not sure how to fix this or what exactly caused it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-space-below-taskbar/e02620d6-2fcd-4b97-9cd2-0c3ebd2920b8
  3. Weird space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird space below taskbar: Hi! Not sure how to fix this or what exactly caused it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-space-below-taskbar/e02620d6-2fcd-4b97-9cd2-0c3ebd2920b8
  4. Weird transparent space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird transparent space below taskbar: So in the past couple days I've had this odd issue where, at random, the bottom of my taskbar will look like this https://imgur.com/JQrUpg9 It prevents me from being able to see the white line indicating which programs I have open. I've looked at other posts on this subreddit...
  5. issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue with icon spacing on taskbar after surface pro lid closure: When the list is closed the spacing between icons is increased. Also it increases spacing between various window elements. Attached are the images. Can somebody give a solution ? [ATTACH] After lid closure [ATTACH]...
  6. Surface Pro 3 fan issue - $10 Prize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro 3 fan issue - $10 Prize: $10 donation to whoever fixes my problem: So 2 days ago I was streaming some Mario Kart with my Elgato HD60 capture card connected to my Surface Pro 3. Everything went great, and since streaming at 60fps is quite a taxing thing, my surface pro's fan revved up. It has done...
  7. Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue: For some reason my surface pro 3 when connected to MRD is only showing less than a third of the screen - the mouse pointer is acting as if the whole screen is maximized though. I have noticed when I turn on the surface and unlock it the screen is the same size (1/3) for a few...
  8. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3: Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. Now I have no network connections. The wireless drivers and the docking station drivers are all there. I have tried uninstall and reinstall the drivers for both Marvell and Surface ethernet adapter and still nothing....
  9. Windows 10 and Surface Pro 3 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Surface Pro 3 issues: Hi there Any SP3 users out there yet -- I read this on the W8 Forums about problems on the SP3 after installing W10 on it. Surface Pro 3 will not boot from USB Anybody daring enough to have tried build 9879 on an SP3 yet (not as a VM). Cheers jimbo 3153
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...