Windows 10: Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display

Discus and support Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display post most recent windows 10 auto update rollout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tec[h]elp, Sep 28, 2019.

1. tec[h]elp Win User

Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display

windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display post most recent windows 10 auto update rollout

:)

tec[h]elp, Sep 28, 2019

2. display issue

Hello Peter,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account because the bottom of the page disappears and you are unable to click next or I Agreed on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Are you able to access the computer? Are you able to login to the computer?

• Are you playing the games in the same computer?
    If you are not able to access the computer, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below.

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    If you are able to access the computer, I would suggest you to try the methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display

negative looking display

Hi anitayarbrough,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Before I can assist you with your issue, I would like you to answer a few questions stated below:

• Did you install the display driver after you upgraded to Windows 10?
      • Did you make any other changes to your computer after you upgraded to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Uninstalling and Downloading driver.

Please follow the steps given below to uninstall the Display Adapters and Graphics driver.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand "Display Adapters” and “Graphic".
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters and Monitors driver from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 Display adapters and Graphics driver for your computer and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display

1. Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display - Similar Threads - Display issue opens

2. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?: Iv'e had this usue in safe mode please help me fix thisI've tried all common steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-stretched-screen-display-issue-in/f95506b0-d956-4779-b09b-30ff8bd41261
  3. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?: Iv'e had this usue in safe mode please help me fix thisI've tried all common steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-stretched-screen-display-issue-in/f95506b0-d956-4779-b09b-30ff8bd41261
  4. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Mode Issues: My Monitor has a max resolution display of 1440x900 with 75Hertz. But I can see options up-to 2560x1600 with 120Hertz. Even if I do not set it to that most of my apps by default and after shutdown/reboot sets to that later not displayable resolution. I am having troubles due...
  6. Display Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Mode Issues: My Monitor has a max resolution display of 1440x900 with 75Hertz. But I can see options up-to 2560x1600 with 120Hertz. Even if I do not set it to that most of my apps by default and after shutdown/reboot sets to that later not displayable resolution. I am having troubles due...
  7. Display Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Safe Mode - there is no display

Safe Mode - there is no display: I put PC in Safe Mode and I'm guessing it complied. However, the display is not/ will not connect so there is nothing on a screen to which I can respond. Is there any way to get it back to normal operating environment. keyboard strokes?...
  9. win 10, safe mode issue with display

win 10, safe mode issue with display: HI, I am really hoping someone can help, I tried to set up 2nd monitor at home on my win 10 PC, I tried a different display setting and got the blue screen issue saying "input no supported" and wasnt able to do anything. I looked up on line and saw some articles about...
  10. Display Driver / Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver / Safe Mode: My display driver gave out - I get a black screen now after windows 10 loads (can see stuff on screen up to the window's loading screen). So, in the past, this is easy to fix. Boot windows into Safe mode and uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver or the previous...