Windows 10: Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

Discus and support Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows. Configuration: Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertRGA, Feb 18, 2019.

1. RobertRGA Win User

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows.

Configuration:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth A170 Mark 1

CPU: Intel i5-6600K

GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX590 running Radeon Adrenalin 19.2.2

Monitor 1: Alienware AW2518hf (connected w/ DP)

Monitor 2: BenQ GW2765 (connected w/ HDMI)

Windows 10, fully patched

Problem description:

As soon as the loading screen for Windows appears, the BenQ monitor goes black and I get a "no signal detected" message. From that point forward no image ever displays and no setting changes are ever reflected on that monitor.

When in windows, both monitors are detected by the OS and the Radeon Adrenalin software. They can both be seen under "Display Settings" with all the dual monitor options available and configurable.

Steps I've already taken:

1 - Verified that all connections were secure (yes it's plugged in lol)

2 - Plugged the BenQ into another port on the graphics card

3 - Completely re-installed Windows

4 - Completely re-installed the Radeon drivers

5 - Voodoo Sacrifice...

6 - And now I'm here.

I don't understand how it works perfectly in the BIOS (so I know hardware wise it's good and connections wise it's good) but then it goes totally out when Windows starts. With a fresh install and all new drivers, I'm not sure what else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated.

v/r

Rob

***Modified Title from: Second monitor won't display - Windows 10***

:)

RobertRGA, Feb 18, 2019

2. Dual monitor Detection Issues

• Is this the first time you're setting up your Windows 10 device with multiple displays?
    Yes

• Which port are you using to connect the secondary monitors? Are you using a VGA or an HDMI cable?
    I'm using HDMI cable

Also, I ran the troubleshooter for hardware and devices still did not detect my second monitor.

BensonAddo1, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Dual monitor Detection Issues

My Display and Multiple Displays options do not display my primary monitor or secondary monitor. Also, Multiple Displays button "Show Taskbar Buttons On" is greyed-out. Finally, How do I get my window 10 to detect my second monitor?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

BensonAddo1, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

dual monitors

Hi David,

About your concern to set which monitor is primary or secondary, follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Click System > On the right panel, select
      Display.
    • Under Customize your display, drag the box that has number
      on it depending on how you want to position it.
    • Click Apply > Hit Detect to make sure which Monitor is the primary.
    • Close Settings.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

1. Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set... - Similar Threads - Display Issue error

2. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?: Hi all I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo EV2336W monitors, one VGA to VGA and one HDMI to VGA. About a month or more ago I lost signal on the HDMI one & noticed the HDMI part was bent, I...
  3. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual monitor issue: Right this one is strange. I have windows 10, dual monitor set up. It is an intermittent and unpredictable behaviour. What happens occasionally is that the second monitor (only happens on that one) will be working fine maximising and minimising windows. The without warning...
  4. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  5. Dual Monitor Display

Dual Monitor Display: Had dual monitors working. Do know what happened but know can only get 1 monitor at a time to work. Using a StarTechcom DVI-D to VGA Adapter Converter. When 2nd monitor is attached to adapter, adapter attached to pc tower, will not get any options nor will both displays show....
  6. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...
  7. Dual Monitor issue

Dual Monitor issue: Ok. Have always run at least dual monitors on all my systems. Had no problem with the Dell Monitor(VGA) I gave my buddy for his lappie. I have the HDMI port, and wanted to use a 19" TV to play WoW on of course...lol Hooks up fine, have no trouble spanning the desktop...
  8. Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display": Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is...
  9. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...