Windows 10: Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

Discus and support Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows. Configuration: Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertRGA, Feb 18, 2019.

1. RobertRGA Win User

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows.

Configuration:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth A170 Mark 1

CPU: Intel i5-6600K

GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX590 running Radeon Adrenalin 19.2.2

Monitor 1: Alienware AW2518hf (connected w/ DP)

Monitor 2: BenQ GW2765 (connected w/ HDMI)

Windows 10, fully patched

Problem description:

As soon as the loading screen for Windows appears, the BenQ monitor goes black and I get a "no signal detected" message. From that point forward no image ever displays and no setting changes are ever reflected on that monitor.

When in windows, both monitors are detected by the OS and the Radeon Adrenalin software. They can both be seen under "Display Settings" with all the dual monitor options available and configurable.

Steps I've already taken:

1 - Verified that all connections were secure (yes it's plugged in lol)

2 - Plugged the BenQ into another port on the graphics card

3 - Completely re-installed Windows

4 - Completely re-installed the Radeon drivers

5 - Voodoo Sacrifice...

6 - And now I'm here.

I don't understand how it works perfectly in the BIOS (so I know hardware wise it's good and connections wise it's good) but then it goes totally out when Windows starts. With a fresh install and all new drivers, I'm not sure what else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated.

v/r

Rob

***Modified Title from: Second monitor won't display - Windows 10***

:)

RobertRGA, Feb 18, 2019

2. Dual monitor Detection Issues

• Is this the first time you're setting up your Windows 10 device with multiple displays?
    Yes

• Which port are you using to connect the secondary monitors? Are you using a VGA or an HDMI cable?
    I'm using HDMI cable

Also, I ran the troubleshooter for hardware and devices still did not detect my second monitor.

BensonAddo1, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Dual monitor Detection Issues

My Display and Multiple Displays options do not display my primary monitor or secondary monitor. Also, Multiple Displays button "Show Taskbar Buttons On" is greyed-out. Finally, How do I get my window 10 to detect my second monitor?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

BensonAddo1, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

dual monitors

Hi David,

About your concern to set which monitor is primary or secondary, follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Click System > On the right panel, select
      Display.
    • Under Customize your display, drag the box that has number
      on it depending on how you want to position it.
    • Click Apply > Hit Detect to make sure which Monitor is the primary.
    • Close Settings.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

1. Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set... - Similar Threads - Display Issue error

2. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  3. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  4. 'No signal' monitor message

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' monitor message: A new desktop computer has recently been built and Debian 11 installed. All the hardware is new including monitor, keyboard and mouse. For the last couple of mornings, when coming to use the computer, the monitor was found to display a 'no signal' message, although the...
  5. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  6. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  7. Display settings for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings for dual monitors: Im using dual monitors. Can I have different backgrounds for each monitor? I want to have a darker background on my larger monitor #2 as the current background reflects to brightly on my face for online meetings. Thank you, Gaia...
  8. Display on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display on secondary monitor: My second monitor is going black one second after i connect it and i bought a new adapter and it still does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-on-secondary-monitor/05501634-4ccf-4520-90f8-6975d9ad7e35
  9. No signal on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal on secondary monitor: Hey all, I have a company laptop and recently it got upgraded by our IT from windows 8 to windows 10. Until now i have used it with two external monitors in order to make my job easier. Unfortunately since the windows 10 version 1903 has been installed it is not detecting...
  10. Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display": Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is...