Windows 10: Display Issue with windows Laptop

Discus and support Display Issue with windows Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My name's Nate. Recently I've been having a very specific display based glitch with my system that started earlier this week. I've only been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanielPrice1, May 29, 2020.

1. Display Issue with windows Laptop

Hello,

My name's Nate. Recently I've been having a very specific display based glitch with my system that started earlier this week. I've only been able to observe two similarly, possibly linked examples of this bug, and while it's not a major hindrance I'm worried what might come of it.

The first instance occurs when outside of fullscreen in YouTube. In the section where videos would normally play, their is a small horizontal black line that appears across the screen. Attached is a sample image of this phenomena. The strange thing is that it only occurs when the overlay appears, and when it is outside of fullscreen. This does not occur with other websites players nor does it occur when the video is set to fullscreen. It occurs only across the are of the video player as well not across my whole screen. This has lead me to believe that it is a software glitch of some kind, but I have no idea what kind.

The second instance occurs with a specific game, and it is so specific I am unsure of how helpful me mentioning it will be. Basically, their is an object in the game that utilizes a screen similar in a way to a video player, and by that I mean am area within my monitor for hosting moving videos or images that has the overlay for the play button as well as settings and such and that object has a vertical black line running through it where it once did not have one. These issues appeared at relatively the same time so I am unsure if they are related.

I tried reinstalling my video drivers, as well as any display adapters I had, but nothing has worked. I don't think its a hardware issue, as usually hardware issues affect the entire display rather than specific parts in software.

If anyone has a potential solution I would be in their debt.

Thank You!

Display Issue with windows Laptop 3919d567-a50a-4e77-b680-1185b7d864db?upload=true.png

might have to zoom in to see it in the photo but its towards the bottom darker area

Next, the game issue. This is how the object should look bottom left

Display Issue with windows Laptop e1682ba8-8bf4-4ba3-8f83-b8c247f6ab72?upload=true.jpg

Yet this is how it appears it has a line through it.

Display Issue with windows Laptop 0d47f33d-bebd-4a52-9957-febf2f0392d7?upload=true.png

I'm really confused as to why this is happening, and would appreciate any assistance, thank you!

:)

NathanielPrice1, May 29, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, May 29, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, May 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Display Issue with windows Laptop

Windows 10 Login Screen not respecting primary display. Identity Issues?

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Change display settings at top left corner.

• Click on Identify then you will be able to check the primary display.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Display Issue with windows Laptop

1. Display Issue with windows Laptop - Similar Threads - Display Issue Laptop

2. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display Issue: This question refers to VB6 which I know is no longer supported however I believe this is a Windows 10 issue.It's slightly difficult to explain. It happens when I click on any control on the VB6 IDE, an existing control or when adding a new one. As an example, having added a...
  3. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Display Issue: This question refers to VB6 which I know is no longer supported however I believe this is a Windows 10 issue.It's slightly difficult to explain. It happens when I click on any control on the VB6 IDE, an existing control or when adding a new one. As an example, having added a...
  4. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. laptop display issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop display issue: i have a thinkpad x100e the displayy does not turn on and even with vga monitor there is no display....but previously there was no display and when i used to connect to monitor the display used to turn on backlight and even monitor would work and i could adjust the laptop...
  6. window display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window display issue: When I use laptop for a long, suddenly it's screen starts moving left and right please tell how to fix this issue as I'm not able to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-display-issue/e0f35a4e-fa7d-4bc0-bba3-80a27e11cb41
  7. Laptop display issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop display issue: The display only shows half of the screen. The other half is black with multi color vertical lines. Have not used the laptop for a long while 1+ years then recently worked on it again. Has anyone had this issue before?...
  8. Issues displaying laptop to tv

Issues displaying laptop to tv: When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-displaying-laptop-to-tv/9e7f1105-3f3b-4581-a04f-e7ba72ee43c2
  9. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV: I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the laptop display also appeared on the TV. Control remained with the laptop. Unfortunately, when I called up a streaming news...
  10. Windows Display Issue

Windows Display Issue: Hello, When i was using my computer, the screen suddenly started spazzing out. I have attached a photo for reference. But, when I reset windows this issue was resolved. Note that this problem also occurred with an attached monitor. What do I do? [IMG]...