Windows 10: Display issues after February 2016 Windows 10 update.

Discus and support Display issues after February 2016 Windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, my system was working fine up until the WIN 10 updates dropped last week, now I'm having positively maddening display issues that I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Variant, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Variant Win User

Display issues after February 2016 Windows 10 update.

So, my system was working fine up until the WIN 10 updates dropped last week, now I'm having positively maddening display issues that I can't seem to resolve with updated drivers, etc. Basically, what I'm getting is:

• SUPER sluggish response on the desktop: i.e. move an icon, wait for it to manifest; drag a selection box, equally delayed and choppy regeneration, etc. Like 5+ seconds, ghosting you have to wipe with a window, and whatnot.
    • Open windows not populating with visible content, white or just plain transparent to the desktop when opened. Glitchy blocks as you drag them around.
    • But oddly enough, things like my usual software and the browsers are unaffected (unless you go to save that is) inside their receptive interfaces. I'm having no issues typing this right now, for instance.

What's going on and how to I alleviate it? It has to be some driver conflict as when I startup the issue is fine for a bit, then as startup progs fire up the crapstorm begins. Is there some fix I can apply, or is there a way to rollback the drivers? My video card is a Nvidia Quadro K620, and I've got the latest drivers on here... like I said, everything was golden until WIN 10 updated. Help a brotha out! Big thanks in advance.

:)

Variant, Feb 15, 2016
  2. Tiger005 Win User

Windows 10 latest update on 06 Mar 2016

I bought a new ASUS laptop middle of February 2016 with Windows 10 installed. Already on 06 Mar 2016 I got a message to update the computer. It took 2-1/2 hours to finish. I have originally set the Region to be in Switzerland, the display language to be
    English and the keyboard to be in Swiss German. But after this update the display language was changed to German. German is set to default and I am not able to change it as the buttons are disabled. Any suggestions how to change back the language?

Tiger005, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update February 12th 2016

After an automatic update of Windows 10 on my DELL XPS 10 on February 12th 2016 the computer was not able to start anymore. I have reset to the Windows 10 version of earlier February 2016 by system repair, and stopped the updating by stopping the update
    service. Since than the computer is up again but the store App did not work correctly, by trying to download something I get always failure 0x80070422. Any similar problems or an advice available?

[moved from German forums]

Michelangelo_Fischer, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Display issues after February 2016 Windows 10 update.

Go to the Windows Updates section of all settings and click advance to view your update history. Check to see what drivers if any were installed.

You may want to run check disk. errors on your hard drive can cause performance issues like the ones you are describing. Right click your hard drive, choose properties, click tools tab, and schedule a check disk for your next reboot. It may auto repair if errors are found.

You can right-click the start menu and open device manager to view your devices. From there you can roll back drivers but i don't recommend doing this unless you are sure it is a driver issue.

samsonbiatch, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Variant Win User
    ^
    Thanks. Turns out Windows 10 wants to employ IT'S drivers over ones from the manufacturer. Per a YouTube recco, I just uninstalled all the NVIDIA ones and pow, problem solved... at least for now.

Variant, Feb 15, 2016
  6. That is true! I cannot use the latest drivers from AMD, Windows pushed the version it preferred. But i will say, it has worked best with the one's they recommended. Each case is different though. Glad it's working now.

samsonbiatch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display issues after February 2016 Windows 10 update.

1. Display issues after February 2016 Windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Display issues February

2. Windows 10 February 2022 updates issues and improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 February 2022 updates issues and improvements: Windows 10 February 2022 cumulative update (not to be confused with major Windows 11 release coming this month) is now available for everyone. February 2022 Patch Tuesday update is about both security and non-security improvements, especially if you did not install the last...
  3. Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update: I am using a Wavlink docking port with my HP ZBook 15 G3 to connect two external LG displays. Total displays 3 notebook internal + 2 externalWith the latest windows update, every few minutes, windows somehow realizes it does not recognize the multi-display setup, display...
  4. Display issues after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display issues after windows 10 update: Hi, Just after the recent update September end immidiately after updating Windows my graphics have become much worse blurryness and less sharpness of detail I see it on desktop in games, never had this issue. Please do t say its my drives because I have uninstalled and and...
  5. Windows 10 display issues after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display issues after update: Usually I use my ideapad flex connected to a second display and for the past week or so I was just mainly using a second screen keeping the main laptop screen off. Now I can't get the laptop screen to turn back on. I was only able to get the laptop touchscreen to power on if...
  6. February Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    February Windows 10 Update: I am totally technology challenged so I hope this question makes sense. I noticed when doing my full desktop back up using NTI backup software that the number of GB spiked considerably - like almost the sum of the older 3 backups on my external drive. I ran Norton to check...
  7. New Surface 3 Firmware Update for February 2016

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface 3 Firmware Update for February 2016: The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/4/2016” when you view your update history. Note: When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will...
  8. Windows Store Trends – February 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Store Trends – February 2016: This blog is the latest in a recurring series highlighting recent Windows Store trends across categories, markets, and more. Understanding these trends can help you determine what types of apps to build or where to focus your development efforts. With the launch of the...
  9. February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  10. Windows App Studio February 2016 update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows App Studio February 2016 update: The Windows App Studio team is excited to announce a new update to the service that went live this morning, and this update is packed with robust new features. This update is the first of 2016 and contains new features, some bug fixes, and improvements in the user experience...