Windows 10: Display issues and PC Games

Discus and support Display issues and PC Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, The past two days, I have had display issues when I try to play any PC games (MMO's or otherwise). I have checked to ensure I have all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lilmiss, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Lilmiss Win User

Display issues and PC Games

Hi,

The past two days, I have had display issues when I try to play any PC games (MMO's or otherwise). I have checked to ensure I have all my drivers updated on my PC, as well as made sure that my display settings were still the same as they were previously. Everything seems great!

But, when I open a game to play - one that I previously had no issues playing before - the game is now scrunched to fill only the top 3 inches of my screen, making it unplayable. It sounds like a resolution problem, but those settings have not been changed.

Everything else I do displays perfectly. Streaming movies in full screen, etc. is all great.

I do know that gaming settings are different than my internet settings, so maybe that plays a role? It never had an impact before, so I am confused.

My monitor is a Dell S2716DG 144Hz 27" (it does have a g-sync and I have optimized my games) and my video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Windforce 3X card.

If you need or want my DxDiag file, I can provide that as well.

One significant difference between gaming and just browsing or watching streaming shows on my PC is the refresh rate. While gaming, my refresh rate is set at 144Hz, but everything else is set at 60Hz. I am not sure if that would make a difference. It never has before, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

:)

Lilmiss, Mar 5, 2016

2. 8 pool game hanging after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

The above issue might have occurred for the following reasons:

• Game not compatible with the browser.
    • Incompatible/non-updated display driver installed on the PC.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to play online games?
    • Are you facing issues playing other online games from the browser?
    • Did you check if the issue persists on browsing the game using other browsers?

If haven’t tried, check if similar issue persists on browsing the game using other browsers. Also check if similar issue persists on playing other online games on the browser.

If the issue persists, update display drivers manually by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Display Adapter option right click on the display driver and select
      Update this software option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on Get the best display on your monitor:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Write to us with the status of the gaming issues experienced on the PC on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 5, 2016
  3. N80 display colours and pc sync issues

The original phone settings bit did work so but restore from backup defunks it but thats not too big a problem. So thanks. That solves the sync bit.

Any idea about the display issues?

How do I install 4.0623.0.42?

barrietron, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Display issues and PC Games

1. Display issues and PC Games - Similar Threads - Display issues Games

2. Installation issue on PC game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation issue on PC game pass: [I HAVE RAISED THIS WITH XBOX SUPPORT AND THEY HAVE POINTED ME TO WINDOWS SUPPORT]Xbox support went through every fix that exists remotely - including PC reset [in place windows upgrade as it's called]Can anyone from Windows support please assist?I have the full transcript of...
  3. Xbox pc games having issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox pc games having issue: When i play games after downloading from xbox pc .. the game work for while and pc gets restart. When i play games from steams and other platforms. No issue found and pc works well. There is major bugs with xbox pc...
  4. Xbox to pc game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox to pc game issue: I would like to know if there is anyway I'm able to transfer my already bought Xbox game Rocket League to play on my computer under my Xbox account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-to-pc-game-issue/66f2cd20-3900-403d-8b50-9d0eb13cc5f7
  5. display issues on old PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    display issues on old PC: On power up the screen is very bright. Restart or power down / restart and it comes up with the proper brightness. It does the same whether the GeForce610 card is used, or removed and using the on-board graphics. All drivers are up to date, I'm using the latest version of...
  6. Xbox game pass for PC issue.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game pass for PC issue.: [IMG] This display appears every time I try to log in to any game from the Xbox game pass for PC. The buttons are not active. The app's restarting doesn't help....
  7. Windows 10 Gaming Display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Gaming Display issue: [ATTACH] Hi, This is the screen shot of Ashes Cricket 17 screen capture. I have played this game in Windows 8.1 with lowering graphics settings FPS30+. Some days before my hard disc failed. so i replaced the hard disc. installed win10. and upgrade the ram from 4 to 8 gb....
  8. sniper fury pc game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sniper fury pc game issue: how to fix sniper fury connection error glte_10_70_ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sniper-fury-pc-game-issue/74d8e1fa-78cc-40d2-b622-3a2501df4207
  9. Xbox Game Pass (PC) Issues -- Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass (PC) Issues -- Gaming Services: Hello, I've been trying to get The Outer Worlds and other games to work (via Game Pass for PC), but when I try to launch them, they take me to the page for Gaming Services as if I have to install it. However, it says "This product is installed" but to the right it says...
  10. New gaming pc video issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New gaming pc video issues: I just purchased an HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower from Walmart. On the video card, there is DVI, HDMI, and display port connections. This the 2nd one, the first one I returned because of this exact problem. No video with DVI or HDMI. The only way to video output is...