Windows 10: Display issues please help

Discus and support Display issues please help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 4k 28 inch (left)Display port and a 24 inch Hdmi 1080p(right). Windows thinks my right monitor is very small and it isn't what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vDozer, Oct 31, 2018.

1. vDozer Win User

Display issues please help

I have a 4k 28 inch (left)Display port and a 24 inch Hdmi 1080p(right). Windows thinks my right monitor is very small and it isn't what do i do?

Display issues please help 46fe879a-a392-498e-be7b-e9470ceb6d1a?upload=true.jpg Display issues please help 86cb9805-f113-4698-bcd5-0d8310b46f23?upload=true.jpg Display issues please help 608fb632-b7d7-4c53-beed-b51c49ff1d53?upload=true.jpg

:)

vDozer, Oct 31, 2018

2. Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Display Issue with new update

Hi Fletcher,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would lie to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen not respecting primary display. Identity Issues?

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Change display settings at top left corner.

• Click on Identify then you will be able to check the primary display.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Display issues please help - Similar Threads - Display issues please

2. not getting any display, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting any display, please help.: I bought a ryzen 5 4500 cpu that I'm upgrading from a ryzen 1700 cpu, and we switched motherboards from a x370 what the origina cpu was on to a b350,I have a RX 580 8gb sapphire edition gpu, I put the pc together and have everything plugged in correctly, but for some reason...
  3. not getting any display, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not getting any display, please help.: I bought a ryzen 5 4500 cpu that I'm upgrading from a ryzen 1700 cpu, and we switched motherboards from a x370 what the origina cpu was on to a b350,I have a RX 580 8gb sapphire edition gpu, I put the pc together and have everything plugged in correctly, but for some reason...
  4. not getting any display, please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  6. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  7. Display Driver Trouble please help.

8. Driver issues please help

Driver issues please help: I installed Ubuntu over my Windows install, and just now decided to install Windows again, and my drivers stuff is gone. I have a acer nitro AN515-55 with a GTX 1650Ti GPU and an intel core i5 10th gen something, how do I get nitrosense and all the other geforce stuff back???...
  9. display struck issue please help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display struck issue please help me: this is my ASUS laptop, display issues. Please give me the solution of this problem . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-struck-issue-please-help-me/d8d8c602-9104-44f7-bd93-3adc4662ab00
  10. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...