Windows 10: Display issues with WIndows 10 updates

Discus and support Display issues with WIndows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a GeForce 310 video card. Every time when Windows 10 updates, the monitor doesn't display correctly. I am running the most current drivers for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lee_MN, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Lee_MN Win User

Display issues with WIndows 10 updates

I have a GeForce 310 video card. Every time when Windows 10 updates, the monitor doesn't display correctly. I am running the most current drivers for the video card. Looking for some help.

Thanks

:)

Lee_MN, Aug 30, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Display Issue with new update

Hi Fletcher,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would lie to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

display issue with windows 10

Hello Diana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered an issue with the display driver or a system file corruption. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from the update, have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to these issues?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you made any troubleshooting steps so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps below to see if there will be any changes on your Windows 10:

Step 1: Perform a
    clean boot
    to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update.
    Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing
    the issue.

Step 2: Kindly use the
    System File Checker utility
    as well to check for system file corruptions.

Step 3:
    Update the display driver on your Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Display issues with WIndows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Display issues updates

2. update issue and display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update issue and display issue: I AM FINDING UPDATE ISSUE ERROR CODE:0x80073712AND MY DISPLAY BECAME WHITISH.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue-and-display-issue/d61a8e04-5e87-40b0-97e8-35f047af2fba
  3. update issue and display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update issue and display issue: I AM FINDING UPDATE ISSUE ERROR CODE:0x80073712AND MY DISPLAY BECAME WHITISH.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue-and-display-issue/d61a8e04-5e87-40b0-97e8-35f047af2fba
  4. Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update: I am using a Wavlink docking port with my HP ZBook 15 G3 to connect two external LG displays. Total displays 3 notebook internal + 2 externalWith the latest windows update, every few minutes, windows somehow realizes it does not recognize the multi-display setup, display...
  5. Display issues after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display issues after windows 10 update: Hi, Just after the recent update September end immidiately after updating Windows my graphics have become much worse blurryness and less sharpness of detail I see it on desktop in games, never had this issue. Please do t say its my drives because I have uninstalled and and...
  6. Windows update display issue.

Windows update display issue.: After updating my windows 10 recently on my Asus Tuf A15 Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660TI laptop, my HDMI port no longer works My second monitor receives no signal, my laptop screen brightness cannot be adjusted and windows night light is not functioning. Additionally I cannot open...
  7. Windows 10 display issues after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display issues after update: Usually I use my ideapad flex connected to a second display and for the past week or so I was just mainly using a second screen keeping the main laptop screen off. Now I can't get the laptop screen to turn back on. I was only able to get the laptop touchscreen to power on if...
  8. Display,Update Issue

Display,Update Issue: Hello, I'm facing display brightness and lag issue after updating my windows to version 1809. I'm not liking this version anymore so guide me to get back to old version 1803.Once a month these things happen with this OS.I'm fixing it all the time and i want to use my...
  9. Windows 10 Display Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Display Issues: After the latest Windows 10 update I have issues with some windows displaying garbage. This is what my Settings screen looks like: This also happens on the Windows menu, Chrome, etc. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings: Afternoon everyone, A few days ago, my Windows 10 did the usual automatic updates on my PC. However, I was forced to undo those updates (via Windows), because the updates changed all of my display settings, making my eyes burn and water when reading my screen (my settings...