Windows 10: DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

Discus and support DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey , I just got the second monitor for my dual display setup , connected both monitors and both working fine but when the pc is not used for 10minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ARPAN PURKAIT, Jan 29, 2024.

1. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

Hey , I just got the second monitor for my dual display setup , connected both monitors and both working fine but when the pc is not used for 10minutes the Displays turns off as recommended Power settings by windows ,,,and when the displays turn off - the new monitor keeps connecting and disconnecting happening only in new display,,,, but as soon as I wake the screens everything goes back to normal ,,,, this is so frustrating ... # My old display connects through VGA to VGA# New display connects through HDMI to HDMI # I am using default Balanced power plan which turns off the display after

:)

ARPAN PURKAIT, Jan 29, 2024

2. Display Turn Off in Power Options Causing USB Disconnection

Hello everyone, I'm encountering a peculiar issue related to the Power Options settings on my Windows machine (Version 22H2). Whenever Windows automatically turns off my display, it seems to inadvertently cause the devices connected to my USB hub to disconnect. Here's a more detailed description of the problem:
    1. Display Turn Off Issue: After Windows turns off the display, my USB-connected devices disconnect.
    2. Wake-Up Login Requirement: When I wake up the monitor with a mouse movement, I'm prompted to log back into Windows, as if the system had entered seep mode or logged off.
    Steps I've Taken So Far:
    • Set Power Options to never enter sleep mode.
    • Disabled hibernation and USB selective suspend.
    • Restored default power settings using "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes".
    • Imported power options from "Default_Power_Plans.zip" found on this forum.
    • Analyzed settings with PowerSettingExplorer, but nothing unusual was noted.
    • Checked the event log and Sleep Study report ("pwrcfg -systemsleepdiagnostics") for any signs of the machine being put to sleep, but found none.
    Interestingly, this problem does not occur when I manually turn off the monitor. It only happens when Windows does it automatically. Also, this issue is not isolated to one machine; it's happening on several, which leads me to believe it's not a hardware issue. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to further diagnose and resolve this issue. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

WorkPermit, Jan 29, 2024
  3. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 29, 2024
  4. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 29, 2024
Thema:

DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

1. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING

2. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP: Hey , I just got the second monitor for my dual display setup , connected both monitors and both working fine but when the pc is not used for 10minutes the Displays turns off as recommended Power settings by windows ,,,and when the displays turn off - the new monitor keeps...
  3. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP: Hey , I just got the second monitor for my dual display setup , connected both monitors and both working fine but when the pc is not used for 10minutes the Displays turns off as recommended Power settings by windows ,,,and when the displays turn off - the new monitor keeps...
  4. Display connection connecting and disconnecting upon display sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display connection connecting and disconnecting upon display sleep: Hello!I've been having an issue wherein whenever my screen times out after however much time its set to windows will repeatedly play the connect and disconnect sound. This seems to be limited to DisplayPort, since HDMI as far as I'm aware didn't have this issue. Things I've...
  5. Display connection connecting and disconnecting upon display sleep

Display connection connecting and disconnecting upon display sleep: Hello!I've been having an issue wherein whenever my screen times out after however much time its set to windows will repeatedly play the connect and disconnect sound. This seems to be limited to DisplayPort, since HDMI as far as I'm aware didn't have this issue. Things I've...
  6. Displays keep disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays keep disconnecting: Hi,I have three monitors connected to my Windows 11 computer, 1 connected using displayport, 2 connected using HDMI cables. Sometimes when my computer boots, I have to reselect "Extend the desktop to this display" on one or both of the HDMI monitors.It then works for some...
  7. Displays keep disconnecting

Displays keep disconnecting: Hi,I have three monitors connected to my Windows 11 computer, 1 connected using displayport, 2 connected using HDMI cables. Sometimes when my computer boots, I have to reselect "Extend the desktop to this display" on one or both of the HDMI monitors.It then works for some...
  8. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific Lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read/posted on ms forums (useless as always) for wake on magic...
  9. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read these ms forums for wake on magic packet/ EEE disabled/green...
  10. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie: When my desktop computer goes into sleep mode (hybrid) it disconnects my Ethernet connection to the internet. Upon waking up the computer it will take 15 to 20 seconds for the computer to automatically reconnect my Ethernet connection. I've gone into "Network Adapters" in...