Windows 10: display keeps going black

Discus and support display keeps going black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. My display randomly does black but the computer is still on. Also windows randomly close or applications randomly close and stop working. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zalinasmith, Mar 31, 2020.

1. display keeps going black

Hello. My display randomly does black but the computer is still on. Also windows randomly close or applications randomly close and stop working. I have updated and the most common error that shows is a display driver error.

How do i fix?

:)

zalinasmith, Mar 31, 2020

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Srimadhwa B, Mar 31, 2020
  4. display keeps going black

Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

display keeps going black

1. display keeps going black - Similar Threads - display keeps going

2. Display Randomly going black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Randomly going black: Whenever I play games like roblox after a few minutes my screen will randomly go black and my keyboard and mouse will shutoff but my pc will still be running. This started happening a few days agoMB: b450 tomahawkGPU: RX580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core ProcessorRAM:...
  3. Display Randomly going black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Randomly going black: Whenever I play games like roblox after a few minutes my screen will randomly go black and my keyboard and mouse will shutoff but my pc will still be running. This started happening a few days agoMB: b450 tomahawkGPU: RX580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core ProcessorRAM:...
  4. Display going black and flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display going black and flickering: For a while now I have having a problem with certain app flickering my display screen black and turning my mouse distorted, I have mainly noticed this problem with Roblox, Roblox Studio and Premiere Pro, after I restart my Laptop there is no problem, it only happens when I...
  5. Display going black and flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display going black and flickering: For a while now I have having a problem with certain app flickering my display screen black and turning my mouse distorted, I have mainly noticed this problem with Roblox, Roblox Studio and Premiere Pro, after I restart my Laptop there is no problem, it only happens when I...
  6. CS GO keeps crashing, freezing or displays a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    CS GO keeps crashing, freezing or displays a black screen: [ATTACH]Counter-Strike Global Offence or CS-GO is one of the most popular PC games. However, according to some Windows users, CS GO keeps crashing, freezing, or showing a Black Screen on their computers. In this article, we are going to talk about solutions that can help in...
  7. Display flickering, Freezing, going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display flickering, Freezing, going black: My screen has been flickering since 13th July. It happened randomly when I was playing Roblox. Since then I've got a new issues like Windows 10 freezing both display and audio or black screen which I could fix temporarily using Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B.My screen haven't...
  8. Background keeps going black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black: Hello all so I just built this PC yesterday and am having this problem that keeps cropping up I was wondering if I can get some help with this. You know how when you click whatever icon it gets the light blue highlight behind it? Lets use the Recycle Bin as an example....
  9. Background keeps going black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black.: Every so often while I am at my computer, my desktop background will go black. Before this happens I have noticed that if I highlight anything on the back ground it will make that area black. I haven’t changed any settings recently that would make this happen. Restarting my...
  10. Screen Keeps Going Black!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Keeps Going Black!: Whenever I get on my computer, the screen would go black then back to normal, this would repeat forever basically. I'm not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-going-black/29843711-87ae-48cc-8963-d392e2dc6114