Windows 10: Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

Discus and support Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple solutions to fix this display issue in Windows 10.

Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10 Display-larger-or-smaller-than-monitor.jpg

Display larger or smaller than monitor

These are the things you can do to fix Display larger or smaller than monitor Windows 10. Let us talk about them in detail.

1] Check Screen Resolution and Aspect Ratio

Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10 screen-resolution.jpg

The first thing you need to do is to check Screen Resolution and Aspect Ration. There can be two settings you need to check, Windows 10 Display settings and your Monitor Manufacturer’s settings.

To check Windows10 Display Settings, launch Settings by Win + I. Go to System > Display, now, set your “Display resolution” to “Recommended” (if it is on “Recommended”. try going back and forth on Screen Resolution until you find the perfect one for your Monitor).

If this doesn’t solve your issue, go to your Manufacturer’s settings. If you don’t have that, you can download it from your manufacturer’s official website. There you need to make the Screen Resolution and Aspect Ratio is set correctly. You should always set the aspect ratio to fit your screen.

2] Manage Graphics Drivers

If you are still not able to scale your display properly, try managing your Graphics Drivers. You need to do three things.

Rollback Driver

The first thing you can do to fix the error is to Roll Back drivers. To do that, launch Device Manager by Win + X > Device Manager, expand Display Driver, right-click on your Graphics Driver, and select Properties. Go to the Drivers tab and click Roll Back Driver.

If the option is greyed out, your driver is not updated, so, try updating it.

Update Driver

To update your driver, open Device Manager, expand Display Driver, right-click on your Graphics Driver, and select Update Driver.

Follow the on-screen instruction to update your Driver

Reinstall Driver

To reinstall your drivers, open Device Manager, expand Display Driver, right-click on your Graphics Driver, and select Uninstall Device.

Now, unplug and replug the device and check if it fixes the issue. If you are facing this error with your primary monitor, don’t unplug it, right-click on Display Driver, and select Scan for hardware changes.

Hopefully, we have helped you in fixing the Display larger or smaller than monitor Windows 10.

Read Next: Display Screen Resolution changes on its own.

Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10 Display-larger-or-smaller-than-monitor.jpg
    This article Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 19, 2021

2. App Display issues with windows 10

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with fonts which get messed up.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Whether your computer is connect to a Domain?
    I would Suggest you to try these steps if the computer is not connected to a Domain.

In Windows 10, you can now set DPI (Dots per Inch) scaling to make text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller for all displays or per-display.

Windows 10 DPI scaling improvements are primarily focused on:

•Optimizing the usability and readability of high-DPI displays

•Providing a uniform experience multi-display systems

•Empowering developers to optimize app-specific scaling based on display DPI

If you are running a screen resolution of 1366x768 on a tablet, chances are that UI will look good at 100% DPI settings. But what about when you connect your system to an external high resolution display? In Windows 8 you can choose either 100% to
    optimize the UI on the tablet display or up to 150% to optimize the UI on the external display. You have to compromise.

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

•Press Windows key

•Click on Settings.

•Click on System.

•Click on Display.

•Now change the font size according to your choice.

Also refer these Microsoft articles:

Get the best display on your monitor

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

RavindraKamath1709, May 19, 2021
  3. Monitor display is smaller after Windows 10 Update

I recently downloaded a Windows 10 update and now my monitor display is smaller and cannot be reset.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Original title/subject: windows 10 update problem

RichardWarthen, May 19, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

New AOC U2879VF monitor, opening file explorer results in huge icons

Hi Alex,

Since your display has a high resolution, Windows 10 will automatically set the scaling value to an appropriate percentage that's why the icons appear larger. Also, Microsoft recommends keeping your display resolution to the "recommended" value. If you prefer
    your text, apps, and other items to be even bigger or smaller, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Display and you can manually adjust it by clicking or dragging the slider.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Clark Ari, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Display larger smaller

2. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  3. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  4. Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen: I was scrolling sideways to the left to see an image that went off the screen to the right. The curser caught the wallpaper and narrowed the display so it does not fill the monitor screen. I went to settings and choose the full screen recommended but got an error message....
  5. Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry: I changed my screen resolution to higher than recommended then when I went back the desktop was too large for the monitor. The taskbar is cutoff halfway and I can barely see the close window button at the top of the screen as well as it is of lower quality and to get...
  6. Display smaller than monitor

Display smaller than monitor: Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-smaller-than-monitor/e0b41fe8-4fa2-4c9f-adec-49fcf6cd8024
  7. display is larger than my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display is larger than my monitor: I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-my-monitor/70f54546-51c2-4328-b9cf-3d6c2b702d92
  8. Display bigger than monitor?

Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  9. Windows.old is smaller than Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows.old is smaller than Windows: After I made a recovery drive, there was a new folder in my C: drive that was called windows.old . I now that it does that on purpose because it copies all the windows system files and stores it there. But for some reason, from this image I took, "Windows.old" has more files...
  10. My font suddenly gets larger and smaller

My font suddenly gets larger and smaller: I use Windows 10. Have an MSI computer. When I first got it, the font would suddenly get larger and smaller and I would have done nothing to have this happen. I searched for answers and found one that said to go to settings for Mouse & Touchpad, Device and turn off "pinch...