Windows 10: Display management question

Discus and support Display management question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop running Windows 10. I also have 2 external monitors I like to use along with the laptop screen. One monitor is on my left and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/emandude777, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Display management question

Hello, I have a laptop running Windows 10. I also have 2 external monitors I like to use along with the laptop screen. One monitor is on my left and one is on my right with the laptop in the center.

Here's my problem. When I use all three screens, everything works fine. But when I use 1 monitor along with the laptop screen, (for example if I want to use the 3rd screen for my PS4 while still using the computer on the other 2 screens) whichever one I use, windows defaults to the right hand side, and does not save the position I originaly wanted. (for example the monitor on my left gets defaulted to my right hand side which gets confusing and forces me to go into settings and set it back to the right. but when I want to use all 3 again, I have to move it back again because then the one on my right gets defaulted left.)

While its not the hardest thing to fix every time I plug in a monitor, I would like to know if there's a way for windows to remember my display layout based off of the name of the monitor rather than "the one that is plugged in first is on the right"

Such a first world problem I know lol.

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/emandude777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/emandude777, Nov 18, 2020

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Display management question

Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Display management question

1. Display management question - Similar Threads - Display management question

2. Manage-bde question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manage-bde question: I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should...
  3. File Manager question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager question: I have a parent folder with a large number of child folders. I am deleting some of them. Every time I delete one, the view goes back to the top of the parent folder. Then I have to find where I left off. Can I change this?...
  4. Question on task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on task manager: So I may be tripping but I recently found out about task manager and check it often, I find everything to be good except an application saying “Your Phone (2)” I click on it and it says Runtime broker, and Your Phone. I’m aware of what the application is, basically linking...
  5. Disk management question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk management question: How to convert dynamic partition to basic partition through disk management or any other free helpful application. submitted by /u/iMahdik99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5crcj/disk_management_question/
  6. Session Manager question

in Browsers and Email
    Session Manager question: When using session manager in chrome, when the tabs open it starts with the tabs that opens on the right. I would like it to open on with the left tab. How do I accomplish this? thx 95152
  7. Disk management question?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management question?: In Disk Management..When you create a New Simple Volume on Unallocated space there is a screen where you must select a drive letter. I'm presuming that when you choose a drive letter here that it will be a fixed drive letter. Is there any way of creating a new simple volume...
  8. Device Manager questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager questions: I have a couple of questions about updates to certain areas of the device manager. System is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero Viii GTX 980Ti Core i7-6700 8GB memory My question is that I see a couple of items that I am not sure if I need to update or...
  9. Display question

in Windows 10 Support
    Display question: My display started showing this: [img] [img] How can I fix it? 94317
  10. Task Manager questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager questions: In previous Windows versions the Task Manager had several tabs, for applications to memory usage. It now only has running applications. What happened to the other tabs? Where can they be seen? Thank you for your help. 49078