Windows 10: Display Monitor goes to sleep mode when playing games like forza or from opening too many...

Discus and support Display Monitor goes to sleep mode when playing games like forza or from opening too many... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor, HP Pavilion Monitor, ASUS Prime B350-Plus motherboard, Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 gpu and the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JonasBrown, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Display Monitor goes to sleep mode when playing games like forza or from opening too many...

Hi guys,

I have a AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor, HP Pavilion Monitor, ASUS Prime B350-Plus motherboard, Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 gpu and the display goes to sleep when ever I do something that is hard on the gpu such as running games like Forza or watching movies. I have already sent back my gpu for a new one so I am expecting that it is not a problem with my gpu. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but this has not proved to help either. I have also tried switching the HDMI cable to my monitor and switching the monitor but so far nothing has helped. If you could help me with this problem it would be amazing I have been stuck with this for awhile now and I feel as though I have tried everything. Also sometimes when the monitor turns off the screen freezes and a buzzing sound comes through my computer distorting the sound if I am playing music.

Best Jonas

:)

JonasBrown, Nov 11, 2018

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2018
  3. ufoldager Win User
    PC goes into sleep mode

I am not entirely sure that this is an issue related to my power option choices, but my PC goes into sleep mode (I think) after having not actively used the PC for 10 consequtive minutes.

I have multiple screens (1 monitor, 1 TV). So when I set my PC to play a movie on my TV, the PC "thinks it's idle", so after having watched the movie for 10 minutes, my monitor goes into "Power Save" mode. This also affects my TV screen as it goes black
    like the monitor, which is why I think this can only be related to the Power Option choice.

I am using the Balanced setting right now, but have set the "Turn off the display" to 30 minutes and the "Put the computer to sleep" to 30 minutes.

Regardless of which Power Option I pick, the PC always goes into sleep mode after 10 minutes.

I simply cannot figure this problem out since no matter what I do, nothing changes the 10 minutes sleep mode effect.

Any help/advice here?

Thanks!

ufoldager, Nov 11, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Display Monitor goes to sleep mode when playing games like forza or from opening too many...

Using 2nd Monitor with Laptop and Goes Into Sleep Mode

Hi Charlie,

If your second monitor goes in to Sleep mode after connecting it to your laptop, it could be that some settings of the Power Options in Windows 10 are incorrectly configured. We recommend that you restore all power settings to default and see if the second
    monitor still goes to Sleep after connecting it. Here's how to restore the power settings to default:

• Press the Windows logo key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select System > Power & sleep, then select
      Additional power settings.
    • From the Power Options dialog box, select Choose when to turn off the display, then select
      Restore default settings for this plan.

After setting it to default, observe if the issue persists. If it does, kindly connect the second monitor to another computer and see the problem is observed. Also, kindly use a different HDMI cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Display Monitor goes to sleep mode when playing games like forza or from opening too many...

1. Display Monitor goes to sleep mode when playing games like forza or from opening too many... - Similar Threads - Display Monitor goes

2. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  3. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  4. Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep after playing 3d games: When I play 3d games such as DOOM and Forza, after about 10 minutes my monitor will stop receiving a video input and go to sleep. This doesnt seem to be a problem with the monitor or hdmi cord, because i have replaced both of those. Some advice is needed, thanks!...
  5. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...
  6. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason: Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA. It's been working fine but whenever I wake my PC up from sleep mode the second monitor VGA one is in sleep mode and after logging in I have...
  7. When waking up from sleep mode the battery goes too zero

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When waking up from sleep mode the battery goes too zero: When i turn my pc on after sleep mode It will first seems like its full batery but than after a few minutes its going into hibernation mode all of a sudden with no warning! When i turn on the pc it will not turn on until i charge it. Then it will show battery alert error and...
  8. Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid: My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, how can I get it to stay open on the monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display/82282cbb-1483-4ac8-ad25-93d5be7befbd
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. ITunes stop playing when display goes to sleep - Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ITunes stop playing when display goes to sleep - Win 10: I just discovered a fix to a silly problem that I want to share. I also want to know why it happens in the first place. I have a new Lenovo desktop running a fresh install of Windows 10 and newly downloaded iTunes. The computer is essentially a music server connected to...