Windows 10: display monitor not detected

Discus and support display monitor not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shashidhars, Apr 8, 2020.

1. display monitor not detected

I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to detect it. I am using a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the second screen.

Steps I have tried:

1. Turning off and then turning on. both the laptop and the power source to the display.
    2. Removing HDMI cable and connecting the cable again.
    3. Trying to detect the second screen from display settings but i get the error "Didn't detect another display."
    4. Disabling and enabling device drivers under "Display Adapters" in device manager.
    5. uninstalling and installing driver under "Display Adapters" in device manager.
    6. Using win + P and choosing extend display.
    7. I also tried using my spare laptop using ubuntu. And the screen extension worked. So the HDMI cable and the screen display work.

Any ideas on how to proceed with fixing the issue?

:)

shashidhars, Apr 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 8, 2020
  4. display monitor not detected

External Monitor Detected but Does not Display

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, creators update 1803.

When attempting to connect to an external display (mini DisplayPort to HDMI), Windows detects the monitor but displays no signal.

The extended desktop appears in screenshots, but nothing on the monitor itself.

So far, I have:

• Updated Surface Pro 3 firmware
    • Checked for all Windows update
    • Tested with multiple monitors (at least 4)
    • Tested with multiple cables
    • Tested with multiple adaptors
    • Updated Intel Graphics 4400 HD driver
    • Removed Intel Graphics 4400 HD and reinstalled
    • Rebooted more times than I can count

Any advice?

JonCarlson1, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

display monitor not detected

1. display monitor not detected - Similar Threads - display monitor detected

2. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  3. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  4. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  5. Monitors detected but not displaying

Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  6. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  8. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  9. Monitors detected but not displaying

10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...