Windows 10: Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade

Discus and support Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded my MSI 64x computer with 64GB, 2T hard drive to Win11 Pro. I have a Samsung monitor with a dual display. Now in Win 111 Pro, the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yrdom, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Yrdom Win User

Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade

I just upgraded my MSI 64x computer with 64GB, 2T hard drive to Win11 Pro. I have a Samsung monitor with a dual display. Now in Win 111 Pro, the Intel UHD graphics controller is controlling the computer display and the NVIDIA controller is controlling the monitor. I made the main display the monitor as it was on the Win10 setup and now the mouse will not cross from one screen to the other. The displays are set up to extend the display. How do I get it fixed?

:)

Yrdom, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Andriy Win User
    second display configuration issue

Hi All,

My configuration:

Windows 10 Pro x64
    AMD Radeon HD 7800

Latest updates and video drivers installed, no hardware changes for 2+ months, latest significant Windows update 2 weeks ago, latest AMD video driver installed at least a week ago.

I have 2 identical displays connected via DVI to Windows PC over several years already with "Extend displays" configuration, and suddenly this configuration stopped working a couple of days ago when I was in the middle of doing something. Windows just replaced it with "Duplicate displays" configuration.

During PC startup I see BIOS diagnostics on both displays. Windows detects 2 displays. "Show only on 1" and "Show only on 2" options work as expected.

Problem: "Extend these displays" results in display 1 going blank and display 2 shows it's part of the image.

AMD Eyefinity (which creates virtual desktop over several monitors) works fine - which suggests that problem maybe only with Windows configuration.

What is done:

• checked cables
    • removed and installed again latest AMD drivers
    • removed second display from the System Devices, refreshed hardware list and added display again - now I have "Generic PnP monitor" and monitor with correct name in Monitors section
    • searched for latest drivers for monitors and display adapters from Device Manager, nothing found

Next I replaced one monitor with monitor from different manufacturer, and everything works as expected - "Extend these displays" configuration shows extended image.

Any ideas what else can be done to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Andriy, Jan 25, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade - Similar Threads - Display Mouse cross

2. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  3. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  4. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  5. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  6. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display - Mouse will not cross to my second display in a dual display after a Wil11 Pro Upgrade: I just upgraded my MSI 64x computer with 64GB, 2T hard drive to Win11 Pro. I have a Samsung monitor with a dual display. Now in Win 111 Pro, the Intel UHD graphics controller is controlling the computer display and the NVIDIA controller is controlling the monitor. I made the...
  8. Dual Displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Displays: Hi... I'm setting up dual displays 1 regular ViewSonic computer monitor -VGA connection / 1 BenQ TV screen - HDMI connection. My trouble is getting the screen resolution sizes to work for both screens. The best I've got so far is the setting for "Duplicate These Displays" /...
  9. Dual displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual displays: My dual screens have suddenly stopped being separate and now the same images are on both screens. ow do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-displays/53908532-4825-4de0-8c59-cd151be887fe
  10. Mouse won't cross Extended Display edges

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mouse won't cross Extended Display edges: Running Win 10 on an HP Laptop. (don't ask what system or internal bits it has - not a tech-head, me...) I used to have the monitor beside my laptop, display extended across the two screens. The only app 'buttons' in screen 2 (the separate monitor) was the Start icon. I...