Windows 10: Display name in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Display name in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 mail for my Gmail and other email accounts that I have. For some reason, the name that is being displayed to people I email is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CathyMorillo, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Display name in Windows 10 Mail

I use Windows 10 mail for my Gmail and other email accounts that I have. For some reason, the name that is being displayed to people I email is my husband's name (who also has a gmail account). I have verified that the email has originated from my own email, gone out to live.com to ensure display name is correct, gone through Google mail to ensure that this display name is also correct. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this within Windows mail settings (they look accurate, showing my name). I'm stumped. Can anyone help? Thanks, in advance.

:)

CathyMorillo, Nov 8, 2019

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community Forum!

Form the description; you want the display name to be changed in the mail app.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Display name in Windows 10 Mail

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in this forum. I am more than happy to assist you with your concern about changing the display name of your profile.

To change your display name, just simply follow the steps below.

Once you have changed the display name check whether the name has been updated in the Mail app.

If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll be much happy to answer them for you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Display name in Windows 10 Mail

1. Display name in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Display name Mail

2. Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name: Hi everybody,I am using mail for Windows 10 and faces the problem that I cannot use different display names for different gmail accounts. When adding first account, program asked me what display name I want. When adding another account - I did not get same question. 1st...
  3. windows display name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows display name: hello! i changed my display name for my windows sign in screen. it wont sync even tho i turned on "Sync all settings" in the settings app. Can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-display-name/9e96e474-5b02-4b97-a8bd-a195adb0c707
  4. Windows Mail app display name bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail app display name bug: I have an exchange account and two gmail accounts in my Windows Mail app inboxes aren't linked. Whenever I try to send mail from either of my gmail accounts using the app, it is sent under the display name from my exchange account. This problem only occurs when using the mail...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?

Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?: Hello! There is an issue with the mail app that has been letting out my name to clients. I am unable to change it. This is quite disheartening and I'm ashamed on Microsoft's behalf to find there has been no update to this bug. However, I am hoping someone knows at least a...
  6. Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts

Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts: I have Mail for Windows 10 and my main email account has seemingly disappeared today. I have multiple email accounts and all generally work great in the app. Subsequently I have gone into settings and tried to add it (in Manage Accounts), however it says that the account...
  7. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...
  8. Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails

Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails: I've had this issue for a while and anything I've done to fix the problem hasn't worked. Basically, I have two linked Gmail accounts on windows mail, one which is my microsoft account and the other a more recent addition. The old microsoft account used to have a username as...
  9. No display in windows mail

No display in windows mail: When I checked my windows 10 mail this morning, the app started as usual, but there was no display- just the blue-framed window. The computer has had no previous issues. I tried shutting the P.C down, restarting with the same result. I regularly check for and install...
  10. Name of Windows 10 Mail app replaced

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name of Windows 10 Mail app replaced: [IMG] Hi! I have installed windows 10 1803 for my new computer. The name has replaced on action center, settings but not in the start menu. Calendar gets the same problem. And the icon missing in default apps settings. I already have installed, run sfc, repair with iso but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail display name

2. win 10 mail app display name