Windows 10: Display name

Discus and support Display name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to use my Display name I am told it is "not available" and offers me new options. I have been using the display name AnnB2 for several years... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PictorialDrip54, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Display name

When I try to use my Display name I am told it is "not available" and offers me new options. I have been using the display name AnnB2 for several years and see no need to change it for Windows 10. How do I convince W10 that I am still me?

--Ann Borger

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

PictorialDrip54, Jul 21, 2019

2. Display Name and Number In Contacts E51

I Can not get my E51 to display Name and number in my contacts list any suggestions

gregjr---01, Jul 21, 2019
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Display name

My name is wrongly displayed in "To" address

Hi,

There is a possibility that your email address was already added to your contacts using a different name. To address this issue, let us look into your People app to update the entry. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key and click All apps.
    • Locate the People app and click it.
    • Search for the wrong display name.
    • When the name appears, right-click anywhere on the screen, then click
      Edit
    • Input the correct name, then click Save.

Once done, try sending an email and let's see if the display name has been updated.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Display name

1. Display name - Similar Threads - Display name

2. Contact names not displaying when sending emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact names not displaying when sending emails: When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them. Rather, it just displays their email address as the "Name". Other contacts seem to work, but I have one or two that seem to persist in not showing up when I send emails to them. But, when I look...
  3. When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them?: When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them. Rather, it just displays their email address as the "Name". Other contacts seem to work, but I have one or two that seem to persist in not showing up when I send emails to them. But, when I look...
  4. My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.: My computer's name (Office) does not appear in the local Network list. It does appear on other computer's (XPS-Club) Network list. Office is primary system in my profile. XPS-Club is second system in my profile. If I type \\Office in the Network Address bar, the name and...
  5. Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wibdows 10 - I want to display the names of desktop iicons in BOLD: How do I get the names of desktop icons to be displayed in boldface? I've used GOOGLE to search this question, and several WRONG answers first displayed in this forum showed up....
  6. Change the display name when Windows 10 boots

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change the display name when Windows 10 boots: My full name displays when Windows 10 boots and on of my relatives computer her outlook email displays when Windows 10 boots. How can I change the names on the computers to display whatever we want, when Windows 10 boots? Thanks, Ryan...
  7. Cannot use my name to display on login

Cannot use my name to display on login: My name is Cassie. When I create a user profile for windows 10, I cannot use my own name because it apparently rejects it for having a "profane" word as part of it Is it possible to override this and use my name?...
  8. Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names

Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names: Hello, I really need help please. My desktop icons instead of displaying their real names on the desktop they display size in KB. Attached is the picture of my desktop for help.[ATTACH]...
  9. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?: Windows10 1809ver. How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view? on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name, the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1 I am not asking for "detail"...
  10. display name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display name: how do I change my current display name 'Microsoft team'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/eb1cf545-1ac4-42e9-a9e6-c7c6e64f328d"