Windows 10: Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay

Discus and support Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows version is 20H2 OS Build 19042.630. I am using the desktop computer with Ethernet cable connected to it. My Internet connection is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaoxiangLiu, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay

Hi,

My Windows version is 20H2 OS Build 19042.630. I am using the desktop computer with Ethernet cable connected to it. My Internet connection is actually connected, and I can access the Internet. But, the icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar shows that "No Internet Access". It is strange that I can use my web browser and other non-Windows programs normally with the Internet, but for Windows programs, like Calculator, Whiteboard, OneNote, etc, they cannot access the Internet.

However, if I set IP and DNS to DHCP, it will be okay. And the icon shows that I have Internet access. The problem will appear again if I set the DNS server manually. But, I'm sure that the DNS is a correct one.

If every program works properly, only the icon in the taskbar shows "No Internet Access", it is okay for me. But, I cannot use Winodws Apps, while it actually has the Internet connection.

How can I deal with this? I mean, to let the icon show "Internet is connected" use Windows Apps properly while I am using the manual DNS server setting.

Thanks!

:)

GaoxiangLiu, Nov 25, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay

Connected to internet, but 'No internet access' message displayed

I have a Nokia Lumia 520. My phone recently got updated to Windows phone 8.1, and ever since then I've been encountering a strange problem. My phone's connected to the Internet alright (I could search, watch videos, download maps and write this question),
    but there's no Wi-Fi icon in the top status bar, and in the Wi-Fi settings page, under the name of my modem 'No internet access' is displayed. My mobile data is switched off and the signal strength of my Wi-Fi connection is superb. The only app which seems
    to be in agreement with the 'No Internet access' message is the Store app. I have tried all conventional ways of solving the problem, such as restarting my phone and the modem, deleting the connection and then reconnecting, but to no avail. Kindly suggest
    a solution.

SohamSengupta, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay

1. Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay - Similar Threads - Display Internet Access

2. No internet connection while connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection while connected: Hello,Since yesterday I have issues while connecting to the internet. On both ethernet and Wi-Fi. When booting up the computer after a week the internet connection shows up but cant connect to the internet.All the other devices are working, even other windows computers....
  3. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...: Hello everyone, I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network. In our network we have more than 20 PC, but only 3 PC have the same problem. During the day in intermittent way they can't connection with browser, mail or other...
  4. Internet access, but not connected

Internet access, but not connected: I encountered this weird issue for the first time ever; I noticed my internet icon was no longer on my taskbar recently. On a side note, I use a wired connection to my router via Ethernet. When I opened the taskbar settings and navigated to the 'Select which icons appear on...
  5. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  6. Connected to internet but no access.

Connected to internet but no access.: Hey. Just bought a cheap pc, and the wirless has no access. It connects but that is all. I tried uninstalling wireless driver and reinstalling with no luck. There was a yellow sign over the wirless symbol. But i was advised to try and change my dns to 8.8.8.8 .And....
  7. No internet access symbol while internet is working

No internet access symbol while internet is working: Hello Dears! Please advise on the next: I've got a icon in the tray - internet connection (Ethernet) with yellow triangle and exclamation mark and status "No internet" although internet is available and working properly. The same happens in different locations, with...
  8. Connected but no internet access

Connected but no internet access: I just bought a new PC with the latest Windows 10 version, but the internet didn't work. It said it was connected and it didn't have the yellow icon, after running the troubleshooter the result was problems with the DNS. So I ran the commands: ipconfig/release, flushdns,...
  9. Connected to internet but no access

Connected to internet but no access: Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access...
  10. "No internet connection" but it actually is connected

"No internet connection" but it actually is connected: Hi its been a while since I posted an issue. I have this problem for a while I am not sure what's going on, So what happens is sometimes when I play a game or when I am on something like Discord for example sometimes my internet disconnects except for that program I am on. I...