Windows 10: display no sound

Discus and support display no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last windows update, I've no sound, from my display speakers. There's sound, from my desktop computer. How, can I fix, the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bentdriver, Sep 15, 2019.

1. display no sound

Since the last windows update, I've no sound, from my display speakers. There's sound, from my desktop computer. How, can I fix, the problem?

:)

Bentdriver, Sep 15, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue display no sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 - no sound on display port and slow video

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

If doesn't work, I suggest you to update the sound and display drivers from device manager and check.

Please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    • Follow the same steps to update sound device.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 15, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

display no sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

display no sound

1. display no sound - Similar Threads - display sound

2. Display Cuts to Black w/ Sound, Requiring Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Cuts to Black w/ Sound, Requiring Restart: Relevant information: GPU - EVGA manufactured GTX 970 (SC, ACX 2.0) OS: Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, Build 18362.418 My display has been cutting to black without warning when playing certain games, and more specifically, when doing very specific things in these games....
  3. Display goes black when recording sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display goes black when recording sound: Hi, I faced a problem where my laptop display goes black when the microphone array is activated (eg recording voice message etc). Pressing any buttons won't wake the display but I know the laptop is still running in the background. I have to put my display to sleep and...
  4. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio: I tried different HDMI cables, reinstalled drivers, nothing helped. Yesterday it worked, and all of a sudden - no sound in the external display. What could be the problem? I'm puzzled!...
  5. Laptop plays sound over HDMI display

Laptop plays sound over HDMI display: I have my Nintendo Switch connected to my laptop (Alienware 17) via HDMI. As of today, when I turn on the console, the laptop monitor displays the image of the Switch, but the audio from a browser or anything else still plays instead of the sounds from the Switch. There is no...
  6. HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10?: HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10? and how do I turn off laptop display and just use monitor? New Dell aptop 7940 won't let me do this like old dell laptop....
  7. Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer?

Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer?: I have been succesfully using the Wireless Display Adapter for some time. I recently upgraded from a monitor to a TV, and performed a Firmware Upgrade on my Wireless Adapter. I can connect succesfully with one computer, but the other computer continues to play the sound out...
  8. Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display

Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display: Hello everybody, It is a bit complicated but I will try to explain what I want to achieve: I have 01 laptop with built-in display and built-in speaker (of course). And I hook it with the secondary display via HDMI and has the sound connected to a bluetooth speaker (set as...
  9. Set sound source base on what is showing on each individual display

Set sound source base on what is showing on each individual display: Hello everybody, I do not know it is possible or not but I will try to what I want to achieve: I have 01 laptop with built-in display and built-in speaker (of course). And I hooked it with the secondary display via HDMI and has the sound connected to a bluetooth speaker...
  10. Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games

Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games: My mouse has been behaving erratically as described for the last week or so. I think it's either a driver or Windows update issue (or both). I've tried Doing clean reinstalls and rollbacks of the video card driver Removing mouse drivers (official drivers aren't available...