Windows 10: display no sound

Discus and support display no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last windows update, I've no sound, from my display speakers. There's sound, from my desktop computer. How, can I fix, the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bentdriver, Sep 15, 2019.

1. display no sound

Since the last windows update, I've no sound, from my display speakers. There's sound, from my desktop computer. How, can I fix, the problem?

:)

Bentdriver, Sep 15, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue display no sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 - no sound on display port and slow video

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

If doesn't work, I suggest you to update the sound and display drivers from device manager and check.

Please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    • Follow the same steps to update sound device.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 15, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

display no sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

display no sound

1. display no sound - Similar Threads - display sound

2. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...: When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to...
  3. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...: When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to...
  4. Can you help me fix my display and sound issues with my new monitor?

Can you help me fix my display and sound issues with my new monitor?: I recently got an LG UltraWide monitor 3440 x 1140 for my Windows 11 machine. When I first plugged connected my computer to the monitor, the display fit the entire screen, and the resolution was great. A little bit later, my machine told me it needed to restart. After the...
  5. Can you help me fix my display and sound issues with my new monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me fix my display and sound issues with my new monitor?: I recently got an LG UltraWide monitor 3440 x 1140 for my Windows 11 machine. When I first plugged connected my computer to the monitor, the display fit the entire screen, and the resolution was great. A little bit later, my machine told me it needed to restart. After the...
  6. Sound isn’t working when I mirror my phone to my Windows 11 laptop using Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound isn’t working when I mirror my phone to my Windows 11 laptop using Wireless Display: Whenever I try to cast my phone to my laptop the sound completely dissapears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-isnt-working-when-i-mirror-my-phone-to-my/1a8c493d-2225-4345-8c81-375500200022
  7. Sound isn’t working when I mirror my phone to my Windows 11 laptop using Wireless Display

Sound isn’t working when I mirror my phone to my Windows 11 laptop using Wireless Display: Whenever I try to cast my phone to my laptop the sound completely dissapears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-isnt-working-when-i-mirror-my-phone-to-my/1a8c493d-2225-4345-8c81-375500200022
  8. Display crashes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display crashes with buzzing sound: I have windows 11 and my display is crashing with a buzzing sound. This happens out of no where. This can happen at login screen or maybe after it. If I any application open for music or video, I can hear the sound after the buzz but the display is completely off. Can some...
  9. Display crashes with buzzing sound

Display crashes with buzzing sound: I have windows 11 and my display is crashing with a buzzing sound. This happens out of no where. This can happen at login screen or maybe after it. If I any application open for music or video, I can hear the sound after the buzz but the display is completely off. Can some...
  10. Specific sound output for specific display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific sound output for specific display: I have a laptop that is connected through hdmi to a TV for a second display. I plan to add more displays. I am wondering if there is a way to make what is on each display output audio to its respected speakers. For example I have a game running on the TV I want the audio to...