Windows 10: Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.

Discus and support Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am swapping my second screen between a laptop and a pc. When I plug the screen back into the turned-on PC the input doesn't recognise its plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Minimanjes, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.

I am swapping my second screen between a laptop and a pc.

When I plug the screen back into the turned-on PC the input doesn't recognise its plugged in.

I either have to reboot the PC or disable and re-enable to video driver from computer management.

I am changing input every day and it's becoming a pain to have to reboot all the time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

[Windows 10 pro]

submitted by /u/Minimanjes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Minimanjes, Jul 9, 2020

2. cant connect Wireless Display For Old PC

Hi Faizal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing.; Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Update
    Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the article below and check.

Connect a Bluetooth audio device or wireless display to
    your PC

Also refer to: Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices
    and wireless displays

And, Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.

1. Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted. - Similar Threads - Display connecting unless

2. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer: While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off and on fixes the issue but I find it disturbing the lack of testing of this type of drivers.This happened on Version 22H2 OS...
  3. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer: While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off and on fixes the issue but I find it disturbing the lack of testing of this type of drivers.This happened on Version 22H2 OS...
  4. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SkullCandy Venue Headphones appearing as "Connected Voice" and not displaying audio unless...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SkullCandy Venue Headphones appearing as "Connected Voice" and not displaying audio unless...: I have skullcandy Venue headphones and for some reason when I connect them to my windows 10 pc they just say "Connected Voice". Usually it will say "Connected Voice Music" . I'm not entirely sure what happened to cause this but I know that the "stereo" option that is usually...
  6. SkullCandy Venue Headphones appearing as "Connected Voice" and not displaying audio unless...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SkullCandy Venue Headphones appearing as "Connected Voice" and not displaying audio unless...: I have skullcandy Venue headphones and for some reason when I connect them to my windows 10 pc they just say "Connected Voice". Usually it will say "Connected Voice Music" . I'm not entirely sure what happened to cause this but I know that the "stereo" option that is usually...
  7. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop with no Display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Stuck in Reboot Loop with no Display: My PC has been turned off for about the past six months. After trying to turn it on, my PC began rebooting over and over and I also didn’t have any display on my monitor. I disconnected the GPU, RAM, SSD, HDD and peripherals but it was still stuck in the loop. After...
  8. Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC: I've had this PC for around 10 months now, almost a year. I download a lot of games, some piratedfrom trusted pirate sites. I was playing RE2 Remake a few days ago, when the game crashed. When I started it again it shows only a black screen and an error. I restarted my PC, I...
  9. [XBOX PC] Screen hanging unless volume popup is displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [XBOX PC] Screen hanging unless volume popup is displayed: I’ve been searching for quite some time, but can’t find a solution for my problem. Some XBOX Game Pass For PC titles are freezing (video only) for me in fullscreen, unless the volume popup is showing. So, when I adjust the volume it’s fine, but as soon as de volume popup...
  10. PC won't boot unless an empty HDD is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won't boot unless an empty HDD is connected: So my HDD of almost two years seem to be acting...weird lately. I checked it out with CrystalDiskInfo, and it didn't look good. [img] I searched the internet on what that means, and it looks like it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, I can't get a new one at the...