Windows 10: Display not detected. Need Help!

Discus and support Display not detected. Need Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure what to classify this topic as. I use my computer mainly for gaming. Just last night my monitor started saying it couldn't be detected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by R3aLCr1sbY, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Display not detected. Need Help!

I'm not sure what to classify this topic as. I use my computer mainly for gaming. Just last night my monitor started saying it couldn't be detected when loading a certain game for the first time. As of today the game will load, but now I see my monitor cant be set to 144hz anymore. I can however set it as high as 120 but when changing it to 144 the screen goes black. The option to save the changes never appears it just reverts to my previous setting.

:)

R3aLCr1sbY, Dec 28, 2019

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 28, 2019
  3. n1trox Win User
    Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Display not detected. Need Help!

Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Display not detected. Need Help!

1. Display not detected. Need Help! - Similar Threads - Display detected Need

2. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  3. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  4. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Display Driver Broken! Need Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Driver Broken! Need Help!!: So yesterday I ran into a problem where I was updating my drivers and I got a black screen. I went on this forum to fix it and finally got it fixed, but only my laptop screen showed images. My monitor on the other hand was not working at all. I have been trying to fix it ever...
  6. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  7. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  8. Display messed up (Need Help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display messed up (Need Help): I built a new computer and installed windows 10 pro from scratch. For some reason the display looks like everything is in 1920x1080 but my monitor is 2560 x 1440. Even when I try to play video games the display is by default showing a different one than my actual monitor....
  9. Need help adjusting my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help adjusting my display: My laptop display is broken towards the left side and there are black vertical lines running along the whole length of the screen. Is there any way I can resize Windows 10 to use the part of my display which still works? submitted by /u/geekalert91 [link] [comments]...
  10. Need help with display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with display settings: I am using File Explorer, and I have a number of separate sessions open, browsing different folders, so I can drag and drop contents from one folder to another. The problem is that the determining the boundaries of File Explorer Windows is very difficult, especially when...