Windows 10: Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago)

Discus and support Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/q35c6x0vtlf61.png?width=1921&format=png&auto=webp&s=a52de9bd116b62e45c4019c1aefddb370923629d submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CthuluOurSavior, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago)

/u/CthuluOurSavior, Feb 5, 2021

2. NVIDIA 820M not working properly on windows 10

• Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I get this above message in device manager under display adapters section,inside NVIDIA GeForce 820M general properties tab.

Either the drivers or the hardware is not working properly which is leading to many issues related to video support for high end,supported applications.

Further I'm not getting any render tab for NVIDIA 820M in dxdiag as was present before

Any support is welcomed

help,I cant play games on my laptop :{

vivek_10010, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago) [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago) [​IMG]

bobsagetfullhou, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago)

Nvidia Driver not working properly

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest display drivers from the manufacturer website in “Compatibility mode” and check.

Follow the steps below on how to install NVidia driver in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on my computer icon on the desktop.

2. Select the Manage option.

3. Now select the Device Manager from the left pane on the screen.

4. Select the Display Adapters pane from the list on the center of your screen.

5. It will show you the installed display driver on your system. Right click on the driver and select the option update drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Do get back to us with the details. Let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago)

1. Display not registering properly (recognized by windows and not nvidia, worked an hour ago) - Similar Threads - Display registering properly

2. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  3. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  4. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  5. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  6. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Proper display and adapter not being recognized

Proper display and adapter not being recognized: Hello all, I typically use my laptop plugged into an ultrawide high resolution and high refresh rate monitor. I unplugged my laptop to take it with me on a family vacation and I haven't been able to play any games or other apps on the laptop since doing so. When I go...
  8. Nvidia Graphics card not working properly

Nvidia Graphics card not working properly: Hi everyone, I have a game that requires my Nvidia video card GTX 1050 Ti, but it has stopped working. I have tried uninstalling the card and reinstalling, but the results are the same, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". I've found...
  9. Snip & Sketch Sporadically Stopped Working an Hour Ago

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Sporadically Stopped Working an Hour Ago: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dern123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/huzx8p/snip_sketch_sporadically_stopped_working_an_hour/
  10. Games display not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games display not working properly: [IMG]So i connected my laptop to a vga montitor and everything works fine but every single game looks like this,i dont know what to do i tried and change my reolution and still the same please help me...