Windows 10: Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol

Discus and support Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Since a few weeks, every time I start my computer, a window with an 'F' symbol in the upper left corner appears. I can see this window only if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Claude Spino, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol

Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol 06b10e47-4c41-4fbc-9ca0-5d3a6e70c29b?upload=true.jpg Since a few weeks, every time I start my computer, a window with an 'F' symbol in the upper left corner appears. I can see this window only if I press 'alt-tab' to scroll among the different opened apps. I have no idea where it came from or what it does. I can remove it by pressing X in the upper right corner, but it comes back everytime I restart. Can you help? Here is a picture of it the skiers at the back is my wallpaper

:)

Claude Spino, Apr 9, 2021

2. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 9, 2021
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol

1. Display of a bizarre window with and 'F' symbol - Similar Threads - Display bizarre window

2. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  3. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  4. Bizarre Color Problems on display Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre Color Problems on display Windows 10: Here's the full story: I left my computer On while sleeping, when I woke up there was a blackout and when the lights came back, I turned the PC On, so far it was fine. After a few minutes of use, the screen started gently flickering blue, to be completely and slightly tinted...
  5. A bizarre issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A bizarre issue...: Hello, Across two entirely separate computers (desktop, laptop) I am having the same issue and Google is not helping me at all. Not a single Windows app will load. On Task Manager they are showing up and appear to be suspended, again, on both computers. I cannot do anything...
  6. Bizarre display mirroring issue with Capture card, any tips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre display mirroring issue with Capture card, any tips?: I am going to try to be as clear as I can. I have a GCC553 Avermedia external capture device plugged into a EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming.The capture device is recognized by windows 10 as a third display, it recognizes the right resolution I want and on top of that it...
  7. Windows is bizarre

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is bizarre: OK, so here's what's going on: I attemped installing Debian in the Linux side of my laptop and it completely messed Windows up. I managed to get the bootloader working again but now Windows boots to a blank screen. Thinking it was a driver issue or a corrupt hiberfile, I...
  8. Symbols are not displayed after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Symbols are not displayed after Windows update: I encountered this problem after the Windows update in October. The symbols like a star symbol are not displayed instead I see a square that usually appears when the symbol cannot be displayed...
  9. Alt+Number displays wrong symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Number displays wrong symbols: Hi, I've just discovered that my ALT symbols don't work correctly. For instance ALT+156 on the right hand keypad (which should produce the Pound sign) now yields ♠ - and so on ALT+157 = •, ALT+158 = ◘ etc. Can somebody help me? (it doesn't matter whether I type the "+" as...
  10. A bizarre problem

in Windows 10 Support
    A bizarre problem: I've had this problem for a while now. The buttons on my taskbar don't work. launching programs works fine, but opening the start menu, volume controller, wifi controller, search do nothing. no errors, no complaints, no freezing. Just. Nothing. Ive been making do with the run...