Windows 10: Display of "Caps lock" while typing

Discus and support Display of "Caps lock" while typing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 4ppolyon, May 7, 2022.

1. 4ppolyon Win User

Display of "Caps lock" while typing

Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10. Pouvez-vous m'aider ?Hello, I'm on Windows 11 and as soon as I press "Caps lock" a pop up indicating its activation or deactivation appears which is very annoying. I've looked in all the corners of the settings but nothing similar to the option that allowed this on Windows 10. Can you help me?

:)

4ppolyon, May 7, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks.

Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section):
    Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.
    (last post)

Display of "Caps lock" while typing [​IMG]

This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried.

That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried.

Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?

dalchina, May 7, 2022
  3. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 7, 2022
  4. wvbirdman Win User

Caps Lock delays typing

I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters:

Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I should wait before resuming typing; but I always forget and must backtrack and correct it. The problem does not happen every time I turn on CAPS LOCK, only if it has been several minutes since I last turned it on. However the graphic appears every time I press CAPS LOCK.

I think that some time in the past I may have downloaded one or more apps to assist with CAPS LOCK indication, found them unsuitable, and removed them; but I cannot remember any names. Nothing in Control Panel/Programs and Features seems likely to be involved.

Any help is appreciated, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

wvbirdman, May 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Display of "Caps lock" while typing - Similar Threads - Display Caps lock

2. caps lock no on screen display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock no on screen display: hi- did reset of windows 11,running microsoft edge. microsoft 5050 keyboard..........there is no 'CAPS' indicator lighton this keyboard.however........i was able to get a CAPS ON'display on my screen,lower right hand corner,prior to reset..............now,it's gone.i have...
  3. caps lock no on screen display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caps lock no on screen display: hi- did reset of windows 11,running microsoft edge. microsoft 5050 keyboard..........there is no 'CAPS' indicator lighton this keyboard.however........i was able to get a CAPS ON'display on my screen,lower right hand corner,prior to reset..............now,it's gone.i have...
  4. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  5. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  6. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  7. typing in all caps with caps lock off

8. Caps lock display turn off

Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  9. On Screen Caps Lock Icon/Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    On Screen Caps Lock Icon/Display: Hi, I have a Lenovo that is running windows 10 and whenever I press the Caps Lock button there is a caps lock icon that comes up on the screen and then despairs. How do I get rid of this?...
  10. Caps Lock delays typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock delays typing: I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters: [img] Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I...