Windows 10: Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WolfStiles, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for your help.

:)

WolfStiles, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Billb1111 Win User

Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion.

As "recommended for Windows 10", "Photos" is the default app for "Photo viewer" (.jpg isn't really listed as the file extension in the settings).

Do you have another app you would suggest?

By the way, my photos open and display just fine, the issue is the general absence of thumbnails in File Explorer.

Billb1111, Aug 27, 2019
  3. "we are unable to display this view" message from tab in Internet explorer 11

Hi Thomas,

As there is no Open Button in the error display Window, I suggest you to click on the Right Arrow button in the bottom left corner and check if it helps or displays the full error message.

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • Click on “Internet Explorer Performance” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
  4. OCjp Win User

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thema:

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

1. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Display files displayed

2. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....
  3. File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.

File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.: I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about this online, because some of my colleagues had the same issue on the computers we have at work: Since a few weeks, the File Explorer on Windows 10 randomly decides not to display any thumbnails for files, making that browsing...
  4. Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer: I am using Windows 10 and OneDrive to store files offline because I have a tiny SSD hard drive. When I do a search for a file and right-mouse click to open the file location, because there are other files in that location that I am actually looking for, there is no option...
  5. windows explorer (?) display (?) problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows explorer (?) display (?) problem: Every morning when I return to my computer, the screen is filled with a semi-transparent window/image/? that has (1) a blue annulus in the middle and (2) an "X" in its upper right corner. This image covers the entire screen, including the task bar and windows icon. If I try...
  6. Photos not displaying in Windows Explorer

Photos not displaying in Windows Explorer: I have Windows 10. I'm wondering what setting I must have changed, because in Windows Explorer, I have icons instead of photos. I can't find where to change it back!...
  7. How to display files size with File Explorer?

in Cortana
    How to display files size with File Explorer?: Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-files-size-with-file-explorer/73380b2a-b28d-49f8-8816-eb95e2e73a14"
  8. Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer: For some reason I cannot get File Explorer in Windows 10 to display thumbnails of my .jpg files. That makes scanning through hundreds of photos very tedious. I am using a desktop, a standard display monitor, manual keyboard, and mouse -- no touch screen. I have done...
  9. Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?

Changing what is displayed in File Explorer?: So I am hoping this is the right area... I have set up a company on Onedrive for business. I was wondering how can I remove standard Onedrive from the left panel in file explorer as some of the users are getting confused with two different options of Onedrive. Thanks. 37812
  10. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer: I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons...