Windows 10: Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WolfStiles, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for your help.

:)

WolfStiles, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Billb1111 Win User

Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion.

As "recommended for Windows 10", "Photos" is the default app for "Photo viewer" (.jpg isn't really listed as the file extension in the settings).

Do you have another app you would suggest?

By the way, my photos open and display just fine, the issue is the general absence of thumbnails in File Explorer.

Billb1111, Aug 27, 2019
  3. "we are unable to display this view" message from tab in Internet explorer 11

Hi Thomas,

As there is no Open Button in the error display Window, I suggest you to click on the Right Arrow button in the bottom left corner and check if it helps or displays the full error message.

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • Click on “Internet Explorer Performance” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
  4. OCjp Win User

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thema:

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

1. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Display files displayed

2. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  3. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  4. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display of Pictures in File Explorer

Display of Pictures in File Explorer: I have noticed sometimes that when I open the Pictures folder in File Explorer, not all of my pictures will be shown when I am in the large thumbnail view. Instead, many of them have the Microsoft Photos icon instead. This apparently is happening whenever I open a Pictures...
  6. Display of Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of Pictures in File Explorer: I have noticed sometimes that when I open the Pictures folder in File Explorer, not all of my pictures will be shown when I am in the large thumbnail view. Instead, many of them have the Microsoft Photos icon instead. This apparently is happening whenever I open a Pictures...
  7. Display of Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer Display Attributes

File Explorer Display Attributes: In Windows 10 file explorer you can display attributes for a file such as Name, #, Artist, Album etc. for example on an MP3 file. But when I add an additional attribute to the display such as contributing artist or when I sort on an attribute such as Album when I exit out of...
  9. Corrupted File Explorer Display

Corrupted File Explorer Display: I checked as best I could in "Community" for an answer to this and, while there were other issues of corrupted display, none of them addressed this specific problem. Can someone please tell me why my File Explorer display looks like this and how I can fix it? It's really...
  10. File Explorer Display is Out of Order

File Explorer Display is Out of Order: The left panel of the File Explorer has irregularities which I would like to correct. "Downloads" is imbedded within "Documents". When displaying the documents library as large icons the icon for downloads (along with the large downward pointing arrow) is shown as if it...