Windows 10: Display off - Laptop

Discus and support Display off - Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hey guys hope that it right place to ask: i use Dell laptop with windows 10 on my old pc with was with 8.1 i do right context menu display off but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 10win10, Dec 10, 2015.

1. 10win10 Win User

Display off - Laptop

hey guys hope that it right place to ask:

i use Dell laptop with windows 10
    on my old pc with was with 8.1 i do right context menu display off but here it's not work.

some ideas?

:)

10win10, Dec 10, 2015

2. LAPTOP UPGRADING WIN 10 BOOTING BLACK SCREEN

PLEASE SOLVE THIS...............ONE ALSO PROBLEM IS..................IN A LAPTOP IF ELECTRIC OFF......THEN LAPTOP DISPLAY OFF.....BUT START WITHIN A SECOND........................AND AGAIN ELECTRIC COMES............THEN LAPTOP DISPLAY OFF.....BUT START
    WITHIN A SECOND.........................................PLEASE SOLVE

Sandip Sar, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Zenilogix Win User
    Problem: Windows 10 reverts to blank screen immediately after displaying lock screen. What's happening?

I have Windows 10 Pro running on a laptop, docked with desktop extended over two additional monitors. Power management set to leave computer on but turn display off after 10 minutes.

Steps to reproduce:

Begin with laptop powered off.

Power on the laptop, leave long enough for power management to turn screen off.

"Wake" laptop by moving mouse or pressing a key.

System behavior:

Laptop display briefly displays lock/log-in screen (not more than a second or two), but screen then goes blank/black. At this point, laptop remains powered, but seems unresponsive to keyboard input. On some occasions, the mouse pointer will be visible on
    the monitors, on other occasions not; in either case, all displays are off/black/blank - no desktop, no lock or log-in screen appear on any of them.

Recovery:

Have been able to recover by pressing power button (put computer to sleep), and then wake computer from sleep. Upon waking, lock/log-in screen displays as expected, long enough to allow log-in. Have observed that this may require more than one attempt (waking
    from sleep intermittently exhibits the same problem behavior).

If user login is performed promptly upon start-up, this problem does not occur (once logged in, can allow computer to power off displays, and upon resuming, the desktop appears as normal (not configured to display a lock screen).

Zenilogix, Dec 10, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Display off - Laptop

You could try the Windows Key + P

philc43, Dec 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If that's the same as what you wanted, then you could try it instead.

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  7. 10win10 Win User
    now its work!!
    thanks!!

10win10, Dec 10, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Display off - Laptop

Great news. You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display off - Laptop

1. Display off - Laptop - Similar Threads - Display off Laptop

2. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  3. Laptop reloads instead of turning off display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop reloads instead of turning off display: Hey there.I'm using my laptop with external monitor. Everything is fine when I'm working or playing games. But when it should turn off display using power options it start reloading. Also when I manually send it to sleep it also realoads instead. And in the end, when my...
  4. Laptop reloads instead of turning off display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop reloads instead of turning off display: Hey there.I'm using my laptop with external monitor. Everything is fine when I'm working or playing games. But when it should turn off display using power options it start reloading. Also when I manually send it to sleep it also realoads instead. And in the end, when my...
  5. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  6. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  7. Suddenly display off while using laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly display off while using laptop: Hello everyone, My laptop is Avita liber v14, with and ryzen5 3500u,I'm facing this issue after 2 months of purchase, when I boot it , sometimes display turned ofImmediately, but keyboard light and fan running. Sometimes after boot and signing in, it turns of , sometimes...
  8. Suddenly display off while using laptop

Suddenly display off while using laptop: Hello everyone, My laptop is Avita liber v14, with and ryzen5 3500u,I'm facing this issue after 2 months of purchase, when I boot it , sometimes display turned ofImmediately, but keyboard light and fan running. Sometimes after boot and signing in, it turns of , sometimes...
  9. Laptop display won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop display won't stay turned off: I have my laptop setup to turn off when I press the power button. But over the last month or so, doing this makes it turn off for like a second and turn back on. I've tried unplugging everything, restarting, having no programs open, and none of these have fixed the issue. I...
  10. Notification when display if Off (Laptop)

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification when display if Off (Laptop): Hello All Not an issue but just a question Using build 1709. I chose not to go in sleep and display to go off when power cable is connected This mean computer keep running when display goes off, (Nightie_night_Sleepie_Sleepie *Smile) Now when i move touchpad or press...