Windows 10: display on monitor / projector

Discus and support display on monitor / projector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today our computer refused to connect with the projector we've been using for several months now. We use a Belkin to go from computer to the vga input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pbCCkids, Feb 20, 2019.

1. pbCCkids Win User

display on monitor / projector

Today our computer refused to connect with the projector we've been using for several months now. We use a Belkin to go from computer to the vga input of the projector. Now whenever the Belkin is plugged in to the computer, the computer's monitor goes blank; this would be fine, if the projector would connect and we could see the display image projected. But no such luck. Nothing is displayed...until we unplug the Belkin. Then, of course, we have computer monitor again.

I know the way to get to multiple screen displays (Windows P) - but when the Belkin is unplugged, and I can see the computer monitor, obviously there is no other display that can be detected. And conversely, when I have the Belkin plugged in so I can detect monitors, I can't do it because I have no display either on the computer monitor or the projector.

Any clues???

:)

pbCCkids, Feb 20, 2019

2. Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector

I can no longer Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector. This function stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update.

I can still detect two video sources external to the laptop, but cannot have the same video on both monitors simulateously.

KenSleeman, Feb 20, 2019
  3. HDMI to monitor but not projector

Thanks. Drivers are up to date. Dell are now suggesting I need a new motherboard, which seems a bit extreme! I have now discovered that if I switch on either laptop or projector when connected by HDMI, it will owrk. But there is no 'plug and play' with the
    projector, though there is with a monitor.

So at least I have a workaround, and that's good enough, I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

RichardSeel, Feb 20, 2019
  4. display on monitor / projector

One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.

I've tried searching the forums but haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem, so if a thread already exists and I just failed at finding it please point me in that direction.

I have a Lenovo L440 laptop running Windows 10 1607, it has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 video card which lists the last available driver as 15.40 from the 23rd of June 2017.

It has an issue where I connect a projector and I get the flashing display to indicate another display was detected and connected, but nothing displays out to the projector (which is set to use the correct input). I press the shortcut to duplicate the displays and nothing happens. I go in to display settings, and see 5 displays (give or take depending on the laptop) despite only one external one being connected. If I tell it to use displays 1 and 2, nothing, so disable display 2. Then tell it to use displays 1 and 3, nothing, so disable display 3. Repeat this process enough time, it'll eventually come to the display the projector is configured as (sometimes having to add additional displays to what was being shown originally).

It's OK for me to do this as I'm the IT guy, but it's not OK for the staff to do this.

Here is a sample screenshot from another machine with the same problem. Only one external screen (2 in total) is connected.

display on monitor / projector [​IMG]

Some machines with more up to date video cards such as Intel 540's have had driver updates putting them to 15.46, and the problem is thus resolved. It's back to behaving as expected for displayed screens and sending output to the right spot. But the laptop in question won't take those drivers.

Does anybody have any suggestions for other things I may try to resolve this?

bastrdsheep, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

display on monitor / projector

1. display on monitor / projector - Similar Threads - display monitor projector

2. Windows 10 display using a projector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 display using a projector: I have a pc using a vga cable to monitor and a vga cable to a projector if I select under display pc screen the projector is the only display I have to go to second screen only to get the computer monitor on and the projector to both display the computer monitor displaying ie...
  3. Windows 10 display using a projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 display using a projector: I have a pc using a vga cable to monitor and a vga cable to a projector if I select under display pc screen the projector is the only display I have to go to second screen only to get the computer monitor on and the projector to both display the computer monitor displaying ie...
  4. Windows 10 display using a projector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Projector as a 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector as a 2nd monitor not working: I have a projector hooked up to be a 2nd monitor. When I go to 'Advanced Monitor settings", I am able to see two minitors: 1 the computer monitor, 2 projector and I am able to see the Desktop on the projection screen. I'll walk away for half an hour or so, and the display is...
  6. Projector as a 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projector as a 2nd monitor not working: I have a projector hooked up to be a 2nd monitor. When I go to 'Advanced Monitor settings", I am able to see two minitors: 1 the computer monitor, 2 projector and I am able to see the Desktop on the projection screen. I'll walk away for half an hour or so, and the display is...
  7. Projector as a 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Projector flickering and not displaying correctly the image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projector flickering and not displaying correctly the image: At our school we have video projectors Dell and Viewsonic, for the last month some of them cannot keep the display active and go on and off intermittently. Some computers will have to power off and then back on in order to have the projectors running, otherwise they just...
  9. dual monitor wont display through my air hdmi receiver to 2nd monitor ( projector)

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor wont display through my air hdmi receiver to 2nd monitor ( projector): its not hdmi transmitter , tested and good. I changed hz refresh 24, 60, 59 . resolution 1080 . I use a rx 570 video card latest drivers . it blinks , sometimes projector shows it changing resolution, but its windows . I never had a problem going threw the air to...
  10. Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems: I have seen a problem on multiple computers and heard of others with the problem when having a computer set all the time to duplicate the display onto either a projector screen or TV. The problem is that the duplicate display setting does not stay when either the computer...