Windows 10: Display on my desktop computer does not follow an linear pattern.

Discus and support Display on my desktop computer does not follow an linear pattern. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past two days my monitor has been showing the task bar 3/4 inch from the bottom of the page. Not the exact bottom of the page. It show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Laughing Trout, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Display on my desktop computer does not follow an linear pattern.

For the past two days my monitor has been showing the task bar 3/4 inch from the bottom of the page. Not the exact bottom of the page. It show the edge and opera icons along with some others along with the time and date. Under that is the line showing the settings, then speed dial, and any other windows that I have open. Then the page rolls to the top of the screen and continues with the actual open page. I need the display at the top of the screen starting with the URL line. I cannot fine a way to correct this. Please help

:)

The Laughing Trout, Oct 9, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 9, 2019
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Display on my desktop computer does not follow an linear pattern.

Blank and Flashing Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing some issues regarding your computer desktop. Let me help you resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Display on my desktop computer does not follow an linear pattern.

1. Display on my desktop computer does not follow an linear pattern. - Similar Threads - Display desktop computer

2. chessboard pattern

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chessboard pattern: Hi MS community,Since some days I experience on my machine some weird chessboard pattern in the explorer window and in some applications e.g. chrome browser, dropbox, etc.. See the example images attached. Has anyone some idea where this might come from and how to identify...
  3. Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change: Dear MSCSI am tired of changing my background display all the time.Why does it keep changing?I have not set my desktop to show slides, so why is this happening.I just want my desktop to show the desktop I have chosen for my PCsCan someone please tell me what have I done...
  4. Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change: Dear MSCSI am tired of changing my background display all the time.Why does it keep changing?I have not set my desktop to show slides, so why is this happening.I just want my desktop to show the desktop I have chosen for my PCsCan someone please tell me what have I done...
  5. Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Desktop does not display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Desktop does not display: After applying updates to Windows 10 Home, the PIN sign-in works, but then the Desktop never appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-does-not-display/6d87ab2e-5e0e-4621-9209-b0a8860f09c1
  7. Windows incorrectly computes a linear VCGT curve.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows incorrectly computes a linear VCGT curve.: The correct values for a 256 step linear curve are: 0 = 0 1/255 * 65535 = 257 2/255 * 65535 = 514 . 255/255 * 65535 = 65535 NOT 65280 which windows incorrectly uses, also the windows LUT loader should quantizes vcgt to 16 bits using rounding, and not to 8 bit using...
  8. Desktop does not display

Desktop does not display: When I press Windows key on keyboard (or click symbol in lower left corner) The display becomes essentially black with some tiles. I can never get a "Start Windows" window that has any information on it that can be manipulated -- for example if I wish to add a tile there is...
  9. Windows Desktop Failure to Display following update

Windows Desktop Failure to Display following update: My laptop will not show the desktop or anything else I have installed following a MS update. I get the prompt "Location is not available" C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop. I have tried WINDOWS + R and msconfig / General / Normal Startup and it makes no...
  10. way to make slideshow shuffle photos, instead of displaying linearly?

way to make slideshow shuffle photos, instead of displaying linearly?: Is as title says. Looking for a way to make the slideshow feature shuffle my photos when I play them, as opposed to playing through them in the order they sit in the folder. Win 7 had this option, and It was easily accessible. I may be being an idiot and missing it in front...