Windows 10: Display on secondary monitor

Discus and support Display on secondary monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My second monitor is going black one second after i connect it and i bought a new adapter and it still does the same thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeriPatterson1, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Display on secondary monitor

My second monitor is going black one second after i connect it and i bought a new adapter and it still does the same thing

:)

TeriPatterson1, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

Hello Angel Cabrero,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To resolve the issue, follow the below mentioned methods and see if it works.

Method 1: Interchange the display monitor.

Switch the main monitor and the secondary monitor by making the secondary monitor as your main display and reboot the PC.

Later change it back to your preferred monitor and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Update Display drivers.

If the display drivers are outdated, you might face such issues. So it's necessary to update the drivers to the latest build.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Narrow down to Display adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display driver and click on Update driver to get the latest build.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Display on secondary monitor

Unable to interact with the content on the secondary monitor

I have three monitors plugged into a evga GTX 1060 ACX 2.0, the system is running latest Windows 10 pro.

Every night I put the computer to sleep. Occasionally, and more frequently the past week, I wake the computer in the morning to find very strange behavior:

• Whatever monitor is my main display works perfectly
    • Secondary monitors turn on and show the last content they had (any open browsers, programs, etc)
    • I can move my mouse into the secondary screens and see it moving around just fine
    • When I click or do any kind of interaction on those screen, the visuals do not update (again, mouse around moving is fine)
      • Click a window, the window focus never shows; scroll or press a button on a website, doesn't show any changes; click the Windows button, menu doesn't open
    • However, I can still interact with the screens despite not being able to see what I'm changing
      • Drag a window off the screen and it magically appears on the main display; press the 1-Click buy on an Amazon item, receive it 2-5 business days later
    • Changing the main display changes the screen I can interact with
    • Mucking with the resolution of the secondary monitors does not fix the issue but it does update their visuals
    • Display driver details:
      • Date: 2018-11-12
      • Version: 25.21.14.1694
    • I am in the process of downloading NVidia 2019 drivers to see if that helps

The only fix I've found so far (with my limited experience debugging display issues) is restarting the computer. Help!

***Modified title from: Secondary display content is frozen, can still see mouse and "interact" with frozen windows***

sean.hudson, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Display on secondary monitor

1. Display on secondary monitor - Similar Threads - Display secondary monitor

2. Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.: Usb B touch on different display only changing stuff on the monitor and not the secondary display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-monitor-isnt-display-touch-inputs/2c62536b-3b29-4b94-a2e2-af59594b6251
  3. Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.: Usb B touch on different display only changing stuff on the monitor and not the secondary display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secondary-monitor-isnt-display-touch-inputs/2c62536b-3b29-4b94-a2e2-af59594b6251
  4. Secondary monitor isn't display touch inputs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  6. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  7. Secondary Monitor Not displaying black screen

Secondary Monitor Not displaying black screen: I have two monitors , both using Display port . The right one black screen is on and detected but isn't displaying anything , cursor disappears like it should but cannot see it or anything else . It is also in vertical orientation any clues to fixing it ?...
  8. My secondary monitor is not showing the full display

My secondary monitor is not showing the full display: The display is in full resolution yet it is not displaying correctly, a part of the display is not showing [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-secondary-monitor-is-not-showing-the-full/6692d433-0afa-4536-bede-bf99085c0df2
  9. Secondary monitor display turns off automatically

Secondary monitor display turns off automatically: I have a Dell laptop with 2 extra monitors. Everything has worked fine for a couple years and noticed about a month ago, I will be working along and everything looks up for about a second and my extra 2 displays go dark and anything on them has moved over to my laptop...
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...