Windows 10: Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.

Discus and support Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Hopefully someone can help me as I'm tearing my hair out here. My display option to extend or duplicate has simply disappeared. I even reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamGandy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. SamGandy Win User

Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.

Hi. Hopefully someone can help me as I'm tearing my hair out here. My display option to extend or duplicate has simply disappeared. I even reset my computer to factory settings and it still isn't there. It was there this afternoon, what has gone wrong and what can I do??? Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared. d5ea5f57-5db3-4642-ace0-c5301355727a?upload=true.png

:)

SamGandy, Mar 24, 2020

2. Changing display setting from duplicated to extended

So I connected my Lenovo ideapad Y700 to my HTC Vive but wanted to change the display setting from duplicated to extended.(When changing display settings i need to click on keep changes before 13 seconds or the action will reset) However, when i click
    on extended the page disappears and i cant go back to it to confirm only when the 13 seconds are done and screen is back to duplicated.

RashidAhli, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properly(display to Laptop Only, display to TV only, extend the display between both, duplicate display on both) Results of each:

1. Display to Laptop ONLY: Works fine

2. Display to TV ONLY: Works fine

3. Duplicate the display on both: I get "No Signal" on the TV

4. Extend the display between both: works fine

Fletcher36, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.

No duplicate option for multiple displays.

I do not have the option of duplicating a display for multiple displays. I can extend and designate my desktop to either display but not both at the same time. Why is this and how can I duplicate?

Thanks,

Steve

STEVEWALKER82, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.

1. Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared. - Similar Threads - Display option extend

2. Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.: Recently I replace my faulty LCD screen of my laptop with a compatible LCD screen. After replacement, the duplicate screen function is not working Out of Range warning but extend screen is working fine. I check the event log and find this Kernel-PnP Warning ID442 System...
  3. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate: Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properlydisplay to Laptop Only, display to TV only, extend the display between both, duplicate display on both Results of each: 1. Display to Laptop ONLY: Works fine 2. Display...
  4. Broadcast option has disappeared from Gamebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadcast option has disappeared from Gamebar: I used to be able to broadcast on mixer using a broadcast button on the game bar capture window. For a few weeks now that option has disappeared - I think coincidently with a windows update. Has the ability to stream via Mixer been removed from windows 10 game bar?...
  5. No option for correct resolution with 3 displays extended mode

No option for correct resolution with 3 displays extended mode: I have 3 monitors that are 1440p. I am running them together in extended mode. My problem is when i do this there isn't a correct resolution option to choose for 3 combined screens. The only option available that works is 11520x2160. That's 4k. With my displays there should...
  6. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...
  7. Extended display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display: I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop...
  8. No Option to Duplicate/Clone Displays

No Option to Duplicate/Clone Displays: I seek some help. I'm running two PCs, one for gaming and the other for streaming using an Elgato HD60 Pro. I have the configuration right in regards to HDMI cables, but when I go into Nvidia Control Panel, it's not showing the other monitor so I can clone/duplicate. Am I...
  9. How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays: Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close...
  10. Display Option Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Option Disappeared: I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. I have 1 output HMDI to my TV, and 1 Display Port to my monitor. For no obvious reason, I can no longer choose the HDMI as an output in windows. Under Display Settings, it won't recognize the HDMI display. It indicate I have...