Windows 10: Display partially disappearing

Discus and support Display partially disappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a user who is having issues relating to the explorer window partially disappearing. When this happens, the user resets the zoom on her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 4u2nvcpt, Jun 25, 2019.

1. 4u2nvcpt Win User

Display partially disappearing

Hi, I have a user who is having issues relating to the explorer window partially disappearing. When this happens, the user resets the zoom on her display settings to 100% then back to 125%. When she sets it 100% the full window re-appears, and when she sets it back to 125% it stays there.

The same appears with her internet windows, however the internet window appears black instead of greyed out.

Display partially disappearing b55d44fe-d924-4409-b51a-d54d0321172e?upload=true.jpg

Display partially disappearing 1b67e177-b91c-4db2-a25b-002e98135063?upload=true.jpg

:)

4u2nvcpt, Jun 25, 2019

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Display partially disappearing

HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

Thema:

Display partially disappearing

1. Display partially disappearing - Similar Threads - Display partially disappearing

2. Display Settings Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings Disappeared: Dear Friends, I have encountered some issues related display settings is missing. Usually, I can settings regarding my 1st and 2nd screen and it shows up in "Display" settings, but now it disappeared and i cannot set my extended for my laptop to my second monitor. Please...
  3. Display Settings Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Settings Disappeared: Dear Friends, I have encountered some issues related display settings is missing. Usually, I can settings regarding my 1st and 2nd screen and it shows up in "Display" settings, but now it disappeared and i cannot set my extended for my laptop to my second monitor. Please...
  4. only partial connection to wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only partial connection to wireless display: I have a fairly new 70 inch Samsung smart TV that operates wirelessly. I was hoping to watch dvds by playing them on my desktop pc and projecting them to the smart TV. I am able to wirelessly project from my laptop (which has no dvd drive) to the TV, but when I try to do the...
  5. Partial display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partial display: I am currently unable to view part of one of my current accounts online I am able to sign into the account, but the screen is only displaying the background menu tabs with nothing where the recent activity would normally be Additionally, all of the other tabs "daily...
  6. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper: Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next day. The next time I use it I am not docked. I log in and now the desktop has around the right 1/3 of the screen covered by...
  7. On-screen keyboard only partially displayed

On-screen keyboard only partially displayed: I have a fresh windows 10 install on a Acer Alpha switch. When selecting the on screen keyboard, it comes up offset so that only the space bar and about four keys from the bottom row show. The buttons are also far too big for the whole keyboard to fit on the screen should it...
  8. Notification area partially displayed

Notification area partially displayed: Hi, Since i've installed windows, i have the following bug ; i can not see all the icons as, i suppose, one row of icons is missing (screenshot below). Is there a way to fix it ? Thank you [ATTACH]...
  9. partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED: as this is solved it is for information only, mainly aimed at those who also have this 'problem' suddenly my 23" samsung 2333 display started to flicker and give a partial display of my win screen with a lot of horizontal lines. see image. although i managed to get into...
  10. Display Option Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Option Disappeared: I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. I have 1 output HMDI to my TV, and 1 Display Port to my monitor. For no obvious reason, I can no longer choose the HDMI as an output in windows. Under Display Settings, it won't recognize the HDMI display. It indicate I have...