Windows 10: Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN

Discus and support Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I had a to the best of my knowledge "sleeping" Win10 x64 Compaq 8100 elite SFF PC. I was writing an email on my wife's Win10 x64 Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GordonLMW, Mar 16, 2020.

1. GordonLMW Win User

Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN

Yesterday I had a to the best of my knowledge "sleeping" Win10 x64 Compaq 8100 elite SFF PC. I was writing an email on my wife's Win10 x64 Lenovo ThinkPad when suddenly and inexplicably the laptop background picture changed to that of the 8100 and the color changed from "Light" to "Dark" the same setting as the 8100. The laptop had never displayed the 8100 background picture before, nor had the color ever been "Dark". The ThinkPad taskbar items remained unchanged, and no other changes were immediately apparent. The only way for this to have happened is over the LAN. How is this even possible, and how do I prevent this happening again? Thanks in advance for your help...

:)

GordonLMW, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Mar 16, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN

1. Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN - Similar Threads - Display Personalization Characteristics

2. Windows 11 deployment over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 deployment over LAN: We've been working on a deployment system exclusively for Win11 that cannot run on our main network. We are attempting to use a LAN network with the following connected through a switch. The LAN has the following:Server with Windows Server 2016Client computerOver the last few...
  3. 5 characteristics of cloud computing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5 characteristics of cloud computing: On-request self-administrations: ... Expansive organization access: ... Fast flexibility: ... Asset pooling: ... Estimated administration:https://www.sureworks.in/blog/10-characteristics-of-cloud-computing...
  4. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable and connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for my...
  5. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable but I connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for...
  6. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable but I connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for...
  7. Inexplicable bluescreens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inexplicable bluescreens.: Hello, recently I have been getting Blue Screens of Death a little while after I installed the Ducky keyboard software from their website here https://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/support. After that I started randomly getting blue screens that said either "Memory_Managment and...
  8. File sharing over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. Inexplicable BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inexplicable BSoD: Dear Community! I have a gaming laptop (ASUS ROG Strix GL503VS-EI005T) and recently (about maybe from january...) I'm experiencing a lots of BSoDs. The weird thing is: they happen only when I don't use my computer... When I'm using it, (playing, working, anything) it looks...
  10. Inexplicable restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Inexplicable restarts: I'd be very grateful for some expert help on the following please. I run my PC 24/7. For the last two nights and again today it has restarted inexplicably. I'm trying to discover what caused it. Studying Event logs quickly leaves me wondering how my PC can be working at...