Windows 10: Display port failure?

Discus and support Display port failure? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My extended desktop, connected to an HDMI tv via display port, quit working a few weeks back. Not sure exactly when - it was working, then once when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thing84, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Thing84 Win User

Display port failure?

My extended desktop, connected to an HDMI tv via display port, quit working a few weeks back. Not sure exactly when - it was working, then once when I tried to access it the tv said "no signal". I bought a different DP to HDMI cable, but no difference. Is there a setting that can have changed? My display options show only the monitor, and the detect function apparently finds nothing.

:)

Thing84, Oct 16, 2018

2. DISPLAY PORT LINK FAILURE

Hello HermantPatilworld,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the exact make and model of your device? I've checked that there are different version of HP Envy 17 3D edition.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried resetting the your display adapter to its default settings?

Meanwhile, uninstalling and reinstalling your display adapters driver may resolve the said issue:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc.

2. On the Device Manager window, expand the Display adapter
    category.

3. Uninstall your display adapters driver.

4. Reboot your computer and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

5. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 16, 2018
  3. DISPLAY PORT LINK FAILURE

I have got HP Envy 17 3D laptop(ATI Radeon HD 5800 graphics) and its in built display got some error as 'Display Port Link Failure'. My inbuilt display is not working now since it start displaying for a while then prompts the alert and gets blank.
    Already checked with the wires or connectivity. Related to refresh rate.

a
    Display port failure? 41e653e9-7689-4f20-8d11-029d8d069554?upload=true.jpg
    e
    alert flashes and the display is gone. There is no option to attach screenshots.

HemantPatilworld, Oct 16, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Display port failure?

zbook, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Display port failure?

1. Display port failure? - Similar Threads - Display port failure

2. Display failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display failure: Hi, was hoping to get some help for this issue im facing. So last night i got a notification on my laptop that a driver of mine needed troubleshooting/repair so i clicked the notification and it Asked if i wanted it to be fixed and i clicked yes. So then My laptop...
  3. Display port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display port not working: I’m having an issue, when I use my display port on my gpu I get “no signal” on my monitor. This is not the case when I use hdmi. Does why one know how to fix the display port not having signal? submitted by /u/LozCawley123 [link] [comments]...
  4. No Display Port Sound

No Display Port Sound: So the problem is as fallows: Upon installing a fresh install of Windows 10 the sound worked fine with my monitor speakers over the Display Port. After installing all the drivers it stopped working. I tracked it down to NVidia panel not recognising the display as audio...
  5. Display Port

Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72
  6. Display port problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display port problem: Hi i have just changed my mobo, cpu and gpu from intel to amd, and a problem has followed over. When connecting my 3 monitors with display port it wont work. On my old setup it was the same thing , only way i could do it was to have 1 display port, 1 hdmi and one dvi. So to...
  7. Display port problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Display port problem: Hi i have just changed my mobo, cpu and gpu from intel to amd, and a problem has followed over. When connecting my 3 monitors with display port it wont work. On my old setup it was the same thing , only way i could do it was to have 1 display port, 1 hdmi and one dvi. So to...
  8. No Signal at Display Port

No Signal at Display Port: I just purchased and set up Dell U2719D dual monitors. The connection is a display port to display port to dual NVIDEA K620 video cards in a Dell Precision Tower 3620. OS is Windows 10, 64 bit with latest updates (Version 1803). All video drivers have latest updates. Computer...
  9. DISPLAY PORT LINK FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISPLAY PORT LINK FAILURE: I have got HP Envy 17 3D laptop(ATI Radeon HD 5800 graphics) and its in built display got some error as 'Display Port Link Failure'. My inbuilt display is not working now since it start displaying for a while then prompts the alert and gets blank. Already checked with the...
  10. Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port: I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport...